Converts only please.

Guest MormonGator

Guest MormonGator

Did anyone else notice that even a bad day being LDS is better than a good day when you weren't in the church? 

LadyGator and I were talking about this recently, just curious as to other thoughts. 

Absolutely. And before this I was all about feeling free and unhinged by any religion. (I have studied religion just about my whole life) yet now...it's exactly as you say. I am happiest now since joining the church than on my worst day-than my happiest back then. Overall I find it ironic that I feel more free now by being in the church.

Great stuff. :)

Guest MormonGator

Absolutely. And before this I was all about feeling free and unhinged by any religion. (I have studied religion just about my whole life) yet now...it's exactly as you say. I am happiest now since joining the church than on my worst day-than my happiest back then. Overall I find it ironic that I feel more free now by being in the church.

Great stuff. :)

So true. It's something only converts can describe (no, I am NOT insulting lifelong members, but if you've never been out of the church, you may not know how it feels). 

"I once was lost, but now I see" 

I may be different because I was happy with my previous faith.  I don't feel the same way as described in the OP.  I had bad and good days now in the same way that I had bad and good days then.

What I do notice is it seems a lot easier now to see secular happenings under the light of the gospel and find comfort - for example, 9/11, death of my dad, etc.  I also find more clarity in my gospel study in the light of the restored teachings.

Did anyone else notice that even a bad day being LDS is better than a good day when you weren't in the church?

LadyGator and I were talking about this recently, just curious as to other thoughts.

I know the Church has given me the tools to navigate through difficult times. So yes, I can agree with your statement.

• 2 weeks later...

I was intellectually content with Reform Judaism, but no matter what I did, what classes I went to, or how often I went to services, I never felt a part of my local synagogue. Not one person, not even the rabbi, came to see me when my husband died.

I am emotionally content with Mormonism. It fills my soul. It makes me happy. If I sneeze, 20 people in the ward will ask how I feel and 3 will offer to make me soup. :D  If they found out tomorrow that J Smith lied about it all, I would still want to hang out with the folks in my ward and learn about the Bible together.

Yes, I feel it too.

As to the real freedom, an article in this months Ensign entitled We Found True Freedom in Obedience sums it up nicely.

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2015/08/we-found-true-freedom-in-obedience?lang=eng

From living outside the church and the commandments and the d&c and the wow we know that too much freedom can be a bad thing. 

So I like the guidance of the church, but in my case I'm talking about long ago.  I have been living the commandments and 95% of the wow for the last 30  years, but without the gospel and the d&c.

Also, part of the joy for me is Utah.  It's difficult for me to see a lot other than LDS=Utah=Zion.

And the Temples.  There are more Temples in Utah.  And more Saints.

I have to start a new thread here, as my story has unfolded along the way here, from the beginning,  and now there is a new development.

dc