The Persuader

Elphaba

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

I want to give these to my daughters before they go to middle school. They can tell their classmates of the male persuasion that the style was derived from their father's collection. :-)

You aren't serious are you PC? Because if you are then I say - That is Sick & Tacky!

This may be a sidetrack, but oh how the American spirit has been scarred these last 20 years. From the blowing up of the federal building in OK, to the half dozen or so school shootings, to 9-11--we truly have lost our sense of security.

Note how carefully I worded my attempt-at-humor post. First, I would NOT really give my girls purses that look like weapons. Second, they were to tell the boys that the "style" of the purse was "inspired," by dad's collection (btw, I have no guns). Of course this was a joke post--and the intent was related to my (and most any father's) desire to protect his daughters from the typical male adolescent vulture.

I don't blame Iggy. His reaction is telling of just how fragile the American psyche has become. :(

I find the difference in attitude to 9/11 compared to 7/7 here amazing the interviews just after 7/7 were more along the lines of when are they going to get things running again instead of fear - I just don't get the fear thing at all, my best friend was in London that day couple of blocks away and he just jokes about it.

I thought your joke was funny PC:)

Charley

<div class='quotemain'>

I don't blame Iggy. His reaction is telling of just how fragile the American psyche has become. :(

Ahem, PC, I used to post as MrsS, thus I am a Her not a Him.

My reaction would have been the same 20 or 30 years ago too.

There I changed my Avatar - does that help some??

Yes, it does. And...you do not have to find my attempt at humor successful, but I hope you see where I was coming from. :blink:

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Ahem, PC, I used to post as MrsS, thus I am a Her not a Him.

My reaction would have been the same 20 or 30 years ago too.

There I changed my Avatar - does that help some??

Yes, it does. And...you do not have to find my attempt at humor successful, but I hope you see where I was coming from. :blink:

You're a good guy, PC!

Elphaba

PC I have always liked you and have learned much from your insights, thoughts, feelings, etc. I agree 100% with Elphie, you ARE a good guy.

Actually I think you should be a Moderator on this board.

I see no humor in children carrying illegal weapon looking items to school. I played Cowboys and Indians when I was growing up. I also played Cops and Robbers. One of my Uncles was a Cop - when he heard us kids playing Cops and Robbers he was thrilled. He thought his nieces were the cops - well we weren't, we all were the Robbers. My Uncle always had one of his limbs in a cast and or sling. Or his head was bandaged, or his ribs were wrapped. No way were we going to be cops 'cause they always got beat up and put in the hospital!! :wow:

But when we went to school we didn't play that out on the playground. We never took our bows and arrows and our cap guns and rifles (Daddy made the rifles out of wood for us) to school. Those were kept at home.

I have 4 sisters and two brothers. When we came home from school we always had quite the troop following us. Many of our school mates wanted to play at our house. Daddy worked the grave-yard shift so he was home when we got home from school and he played with us for at least a half hour to an hour after we got home. My school mates loved my Mom and Dad. From Grade School clear up to High School my school mates loved my parents, loved being at our home.

The few dates I went on the young men were required to enter the house and visit with Daddy before we went out. Our dining room and living room were attached - Daddy sat in his chair, the young man sat in Mom's chair. Mom and I sat at the dining room table. Daddy quietly talked with the young man. Then when the conversation was ended, Daddy called me over and asked me what we were going to go do - when was I going to be home, etc. Then he would give me $2.00 in quarters and dimes - Mad Money - it was enough for a phone call and bus fare to get home. The phone call was to go to the Police ( Uncle Cop actually).

So you see PC, encourage your daughters to bring all their school mates - boys as well as girls - to your home to play and you will then have the perfect opportunity to develop a great rapport with all of these potential suitors at a young and tender age. That way you don't have to buy them that tacky distasteful purse and have them tell stories about Daddy having real ones like it at home. :ph34r: