Ring Bearer and Flower Girl Marry in Same Church 17 Years Later

Still_Small_Voice

A North Carolina couple who were paired as flower girl and ring bearer in a wedding 17 years ago ironically walked down the same aisle on September 19th -- only this time, it was as bride and groom.

"We are all in shock as to all the attention that this is getting," Adrian Franklin of Gastonia, North Carolina, told ABC News. "There was a picture that my mom posted on Facebook and we're glad that it's good news going out and not bad.

Read more on this story here:

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/ring-bearer-flower-girl-ironically-marry-church-17/story?id=34184089

I've had several experiences with a bridesmaid and groomsman getting married a few years later - in the case of my cousin, 3 months later (caused a hulla-balloo because the parents didn't think it was enough time to pull a wedding, but they insisted on a simple wedding).

But this is the first I've heard of a flower girl and ring bearer getting married!  That's super cool!

Edited by anatess