Elder Bednar - Gift of Discernment

Guest LiterateParakeet

Sometimes it would seem to me that there is a time an season to ask for something specific and a season to not ask but rather than ask to give thanks. Perhaps we try to define what is going to be - when we really do not know what it is to even ask or say. For me and according to my experiences - it is not always as stright forward and simple as some seem to indicate - If I can figure out something myself - then things seem to be mostly conformation. But for the most part I am surprized and even blind sided when what is to be comes about.

Guest LiterateParakeet

I have often wondered if I hadn't asked for the spiritual experience regarding Family History if I would have received the experience that I had.  I asked, and I received.  But, at the same time, there was a need from the deceased family member.  If the need wasn't there, would I have received?  I have my own thoughts on that.  Does this also apply to requesting Spiritual Gifts?  If we ask, will we receive?  Will we receive only if there's a need?  Will we receive only if we are prepared to receive the Gift?

I really like the questions you asked here.  I've been asking myself the same kinds of questions.

As a result, I've started looking for specific things each day that I can ask Heavenly Father's help with....i.e. I look for a need.  Then I ask for help, and the results have been wonderful.

I'm finding that Heavenly Father is very willing to help us...on a daily basis...if we ask with a sincere heart.  

I really like the questions you asked here.  I've been asking myself the same kinds of questions.

As a result, I've started looking for specific things each day that I can ask Heavenly Father's help with....i.e. I look for a need.  Then I ask for help, and the results have been wonderful.

I'm finding that Heavenly Father is very willing to help us...on a daily basis...if we ask with a sincere heart.

Great idea!