Houses you ... sort of can afford

Backroads

P.S. on the starter house...

I have noticed that in the US, there are many people who go into a "starter house" and then flip it the next year or two for a "bigger house".  The problem with this is... there is always a "bigger house", so they end up chasing that bigger McMansion because they think they need a bigger house because... they had another kid and each kid has to have their own room, or the kids are bigger now so they need bigger rooms, or the kids need a play room or a study room or a rec room, etc.  It becomes bad training for the psyche to get in the habit of. 

My brother with the 7-bedroom have all 5 of them sleep in one room (they all slept in one room at my parents' house so they got used to it)... it has become a family joke - my brother and his wife slept on a mattress on the floor of their middle child's room when I visited.  His 3 kids slept on the middle child's bed.  I asked him, why build a 7-bedroom when you only use 1?  He said... because I can.  So when all the siblings with their children go to his house, we all get one room each.  When we get together in anybody else's house, all the cousins line up on the living room floor...

Edited by anatess2