I'm going to the temple!

Jane_Doe

On June 5, 2016 at 2:35 AM, LiterateParakeet said:

Jane, you know how with the Sacrament, and Baptism there is a very precise way that the ordinance is to be done, right?  In the Sacrament prayer, if the Priest misses even one word, he has to start over.  There's are specific words said at the beginning of a Priesthood blessing, also with baptism, and blessings there is a precise manner of body language even.  I mean we don't all stand in a circle holding hands for a blessing.  The one giving the blessing puts his hands on the head of the person receiving the blessing, and those assisting do the same.  But the women in the room don't, they fold their arms (generally).  All that is second nature to us, right? But imagine how it all feels for someone new?  Well in the temple the entire ceremony is very precise in word and action.  It's a lot to take in the first time. That's why it's suggested that you invite someone you are close to to be your "Guide".  Don't worry, you will have all the help you need (the first time and at any time in the future.)  Everyone there will want you to have a good experience.  

So, the point is for the first time you should have someone close to you join you.  Unless you are estranged from your mother and sisters, you should definitely invite them.  The Plan of Salvation is about family!  I don't think inviting them is a crowd...inviting your ward would be a crowd--which is fine if that is what one wants.   I think it would be totally appropriate to tell your mom and sisters that you would like some quiet time alone to ponder in the Celestial Room.  Once you get there, you can all hug (or whatever) and then they can leave.  You could stay in the Celestial Room alone and ponder as long as you like.  That's my suggestion. 

Ok, that makes perfect sense.