Very confused Non-LDS

Guest MormonGator
9 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

Totally agree! Gator is very perceptive.

Thank you Sunday! Very sweet of you to say! 

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

You sound like such a beautiful person Coll79. Just reading your posts I can tell there is a warmth and depth to you that few others have. 

I agree. And it sounds like a sincere concern for her relationship.  I can appreciate that.

Guest MormonGator
24 minutes ago, pam said:

I agree. And it sounds like a sincere concern for her relationship.  I can appreciate that.

Absolutely true. I admire her, frankly. The same people telling her to give up would be the same people screaming at her if she :: gasp :: gave up on a marriage. 

It's very easy to throw mud at her from the safety of a keyboard. Let's try to show some basic manners. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest MormonGator
26 minutes ago, David13 said:

I don't know what part of 'basic manners' is making false accusations.

No one threw any mud at her.

dc

Wrong. This poor girl came on for advice and you decided to bully her and try to make some stupid and tactless comments. Somebody already correctly called you out for it. 

OP (and everyone else, really)-I apologize on behalf of all LDS men. We aren't like that.

Edited by MormonGator

Coll79,

I think it speaks well of your relationship that you were both able to discuss and work through your problems.

I would recommend that you continue to try to understand your boyfriend's new Mormon religion, as something that is important to him. It will take time. There will be things that he himself doesn't fully understand yet.

Another good information source is mormon.org.

There is a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding out there about Mormons. Ask a Mormon if you don't understand something.

Our belief in a nutshell is that we should follow the teachings of Jesus, the son of God. To learn and grow as a person, and help others to do the same. And to follow God's commandments. We believe the original church and priesthood authority that Jesus set up was lost, and so God needed re-establish it in modern times.

We believe all roads don't lead the the same place, so it does matter what path you follow.

I wish you the best.

Edited by tesuji

• pam locked this topic