What's your favorite ordinance to do at the temple?

Of course I love them all equally and think they are all equally important for our salvation, but the most spiritual feelings I've had were doing sealings, which is the only ordinances I haven't received for myself. I also love to help out with baptisms for the dead and be the one doing the dunking and reading the names. I tend to do endowments the most though.

The initiatory ordinances have the most blessings (followed closely by the sealing ceremony). And the others* build on what we receive in the washing and anointing room.
* In reality, all three artificially divided ceremonies are one: the endowment.

Lehi

3 hours ago, Zarahemla said:

Of course I love them all equally and think they are all equally important for our salvation, but the most spiritual feelings I've had were doing sealings, which is the only ordinances I haven't received for myself. I also love to help out with baptisms for the dead and be the one doing the dunking and reading the names. I tend to do endowments the most though.

Zarahemla, are you a non-native English speaker?  "Dunking" is a pretty irreverent term, and I can't think of a single practicing English-speaking Mormon who would use it in connection with LDS temple rituals.

41 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Zarahemla, are you a non-native English speaker?  "Dunking" is a pretty irreverent term, and I can't think of a single practicing English-speaking Mormon who would use it in connection with LDS temple rituals.

Dunking is commonly used by members where I live so take it up with them. I'm tired of people being stuck up and prude. It seems you and LeSellers are stuck in the 1950s. It's 2016 deal with it.

Edited by Zarahemla

5 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

It seems you and LeSellers are stuck in the 1950s. It's 2016 deal with it.

Righteousness is not gauged by decades. Changing according to the world is, quite the contrary, the definition of unrighteousness.

Lehi

40 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

Dunking is commonly used by members where I live so take it up with them. I'm tired of people being stuck up and prude. It seems you and LeSellers are stuck in the 1950s. It's 2016 deal with it.

I wasn't aware that "trifle not with sacred things" had an expiration date.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

5 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

I wasn't aware that "trifle not with sacred things" had an expiration date.

I didn't realize dunking was a sacriligeous phrase. Get over it and grow thicker skin.

3 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

I didn't realize dunking was a sacriligeous phrase. Get over it and grow thicker skin.

That's not the way it works here. If people are offended, you have to give in.

Lehi

11 minutes ago, LeSellers said:

Lehi

On the whole, I'm not really offended by snotty behavior.  I just offer friendly pointers to those whose lives I think might go a little more smoothly if they learned to refrain from it. 

4 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:
14 minutes ago, LeSellers said:

Lehi

On the whole, I'm not really offended by snotty behavior.  I just offer friendly pointers to those whose lives I think might go a little more smoothly if they learned to refrain from it. 

I don't get offended at anything. It's just not worth the energy and effort to be worried about other people's foibles.

But the rules ought to apply to all equally. When Zerahemla accuses anyone, even me, of being thin-skinned or out-of-touch, then it crosses the line others have been accused of crossing, with sanctions.

Lehi

Guest MormonGator
6 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Oh isn't that the truth? Learn to get along with people and life will just go much more smooth and you will be much happier . If you are difficult, argumentative surly or unpleasant you still might be successful-but the odds are against you. 

Life basic 101: Learn people skills. 

3 minutes ago, LeSellers said:

I don't get offended at anything. It's just not worth the energy and effort to be worried about other people's foibles.

But the rules ought to apply to all equally. When Zerahemla accuses anyone, even me, of being thin-skinned or out-of-touch, then it crosses the line others have been accused of crossing, with sanctions.

Lehi

Lehi, I may be missing some backstory here which probably would be best dealt with behind-the-scenes.  Feel free to PM me or report posts, as you deem appropriate.  :)

2 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Lehi, I may be missing some backstory here which probably would be best dealt with behind-the-scenes.  Feel free to PM me or report posts, as you deem appropriate.  :)

There's nothing offensive about what I posted.

11 hours ago, Zarahemla said:

"Dunking" is considered offensive. It is derogatory to a salvific ordinance and covenant. How say you it is not offensive?

Lehi

13 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

When people got offended at my usage of "USmerican" or spelling "Muslim" with an "o" and an "e" the latter got me a warning point. The former got several people riled up. I still cannot understand how either would be offensive, but offended some were.

Lehi

Guest MormonGator
11 hours ago, Zarahemla said:

Even though I don't find it offensive, some people here do and the polite thing to do is to respect their wishes and not use the term. It's that simple, really. It's called "just being polite." You don't want to be that guy/girl who getting to be polite is like pulling teeth without Novocain. It's just not the way to act. 

Think of online forums as a large dinner party. Sure you can say whatever you want too-but if you do you'll be ignored, marigliized or eventually kicked out. If you are polite and take into consideration other peoples feelings, things will go much smoother for yourself. 

Edited by MormonGator

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

Even though I don't find it offensive, some people here do and the polite thing to do is to respect their wishes and not use the term. It's that simple, really. It's called "just being polite." You don't want to be that guy/girl who getting to be polite is like pulling teeth without Novocain. It's just not the way to act. 

Think of online forums as a large dinner party. Sure you can say whatever you want too-but if you do you'll be ignored, marigliized or eventually kicked out. If you are polite and take into consideration other peoples feelings, things will go much smoother for yourself. 

I just can't wrap my head around how some people are so sheltered that they find the term dunking offensive when I never meant it in an offensive way. I'm wondering how they handle the real world.

1 hour ago, LeSellers said:

"Dunking" is considered offensive. It is derogatory to a salvific ordinance and covenant. How say you it is not offensive?

Lehi

No its not.

4 minutes ago, LeSellers said:

You said "No its not."

"Its" is possessive. The next word (or phrase) must be a noun, the thing possessed.

Lehi

That matters why?

3 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:
5 minutes ago, LeSellers said:

You said "No its not."

"Its" is possessive. The next word (or phrase) must be a noun, the thing possessed.

Lehi

That matters why?

Because I don't want to discuss your premise that "dunking" is inoffensive. It is. Some have said so. The offender does not get to decide what's offensive, the offended does. That's the way it works.

Lehi

58 minutes ago, LeSellers said:

Because I don't want to discuss your premise that "dunking" is inoffensive. It is. Some have said so. The offender does not get to decide what's offensive, the offended does. That's the way it works.

Lehi

I didn't realize you were a moderator of this board. Where's the symbol showing you're a moderator? Im offended by you targeting me all the time.