Favorite Anti Hero.

Fiannan

<div class='quotemain'>In the Urth of the New Sun series by the greatest living author, Gene Wolfe, Severian the Torturer commits heinous deeds with honor in a world were they are appropriate.

I tried so hard to get into this series, but I just couldn't do it. Should I try again?

What say ye Moksha?

Elphaba

It is one of the best pieces of English language literature, but alas one of the more difficult pieces to read. I had to have a large dictionary present at all times. I think it was Philip Jose Farmer who said Wolfe was the master and only practioner of the Loop-the-Lupine school of writing. When I read the final book - which came after the first four - I realized the genius of Wolfe's work.

It is one of the best pieces of English language literature, but alas one of the more difficult pieces to read. I had to have a large dictionary present at all times. I think it was Philip Jose Farmer who said Wolfe was the master and only practioner of the Loop-the-Lupine school of writing. When I read the final book - which came after the first four - I realized the genius of Wolfe's work.

I had heard this as well, and feel like an idiot that I couldn't get through it. Perhaps I'll try again with the dictionary this time.

Elphaba