I think I know why Satan hates us so much

5 minutes ago, Rob Osborn said:

I never said it was scripture. I said it was an interesting read and had a few gems in it that I thought were true. Even Mark Twain wasnt a prophet yet had a few interesting gems himself.

And how do you feel about the other writings on that website.  Do you believe that all the prophets from Brigham Young to Monson have all departed from the path that Joseph Smith set?

12 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

And how do you feel about the other writings on that website.  Do you believe that all the prophets from Brigham Young to Monson have all departed from the path that Joseph Smith set?

Look, Im not going to get in a debate over the content of the website. I am a firm believer in our church and hold fast to modern prophets. My point was in showing someone elses point of view regarding Satan. Thats all. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis are in this same category of viewing someone elses views on Satan.

18 minutes ago, Rob Osborn said:

Look, Im not going to get in a debate over the content of the website. I am a firm believer in our church and hold fast to modern prophets. My point was in showing someone elses point of view regarding Satan. Thats all. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis are in this same category of viewing someone elses views on Satan.

Ok, I'll call a truce.  But I do want to give you a heads up that such a website is probably considered an anti-Mormon website.  And it is against forum rules to post links to anti-Mormon websites.

19 hours ago, Traveler said:

Sometimes it would seem that it is believed that we come preset with love and pride.  I am inclined that both love and pride are skills that must be practiced and developed.  Perhaps even conflicting skills that developing one would exclude the skill set of the other.  Anyway - something I intend to consider more deeply.  Thanks for your input.

The Traveler

In this mortal world we have a choice but also choice is denied. The light of Christ inspires love and freedom, strengthening us to choose aright, but the traditions of men make us vulnerable to the adversary who inspires pride and so robs us of the light (D&C 93:37-39) through abuse (which denies choice) or enticement (offering a choice to counter the light).