Resurrection

aschro

I know that those who lived on the earth before Christ died were resurrected when He was. And I know that anyone who has died since Christ's resurrection are not resurrected yet. So why is it important that we have resurrected bodies in the next life? Is there a difference between what we can and cannot do in the afterlife with a resurrected vs spirit body? I know our resurrected bodies will not have blood, so I'm assuming we will not need nourishment because our bodies are immortal.

Does anyone understand what I'm trying to ask? lol I'm confusing myself. :unsure:

We know that there are people that have died since Christ's resurrection that have been resurrected, because our prophets have told us they have been, probably not a large number but some. We know that even Cain will be above Satan in the here after, for the mere fact that he will have a body and Satan will not. We know that the evil spirits were so desperate for a body when Christ was about to cast them out, that they begged him to allow them to possess the bodies of the swine, and he did and the swine ran off of the cliff and they were killed.

If we want to be like our Father in Heaven and Christ, we must have a body to perfect ourselves. We know that Christ gave a every individual that has ever lived upon the earth receives the gift of being resurrected with a body and that that was one of the main reasons in coming to earth, was to gain our body of flesh and bone. We know these things through scripture, our prophets and the teachings by them both. These bodies have to be a very important part of our post earth life.

Christ did eat with His Apostles after His resurrection. Did he need the nourishment? Probably not! But, He showed that it was possible to eat with a resurrected body.

We have so much to learn yet.

Josie

There are two ways to be aware of that which takes place around us. There is a spiritual awareness and a physical awareness that involves our 6 senses. The fullness of knowledge, which is divine joy comes from knowing the truth of all things both spiritually and physically - it is the only way that man can truly be free.

The Traveler