My friend's patriarchal blessing says something interesting.

SMARTchaser

10 minutes ago, SMARTchaser said:

A great friend of Mine told me that his blessing says something interesting, his blessing says this : "the heavenly father has prepared you to continue the work done by the savior Jesus christ." That got me thinking a lot, what does that mean ?, Is he a prophet or something?

Quick answer because I'm not doing so hot right now.

It does not necessarily mean he is a prophet, though he could be in the future.  All of us can continue to do the work of the Lord in the church.  When we participate in the salvation of souls, we are continuing the work done by the Lord. 

Now whether his blessing is for a more in depth purpose or consideration, I do not know.  That is for him to study and pray about and find out for himself, as that is a personal blessing to him rather than for the rest of us to really know all that much about (unless the Lord deems it necessary to reveal to us, which normally he won't on such a personal matter).

1 hour ago, SMARTchaser said:

A great friend of Mine told me that his blessing says something interesting, his blessing says this : "the heavenly father has prepared you to continue the work done by the savior Jesus christ." That got me thinking a lot, what does that mean ?, Is he a prophet or something?

I believe this is a reference to vicarious ordinance work done for the dead in the temples.

The Traveler

On 12/30/2017 at 8:24 AM, SMARTchaser said:

Can You be more specific please?

The ordinance work that is done vicariously for the dead in the temple is a well established interpretation of what it means to be a "savior on Mount Zion" as mentioned in Obadiah 1:21.

Joseph smith taught:

“How are they to become saviors on Mount Zion? By building their temples, erecting their baptismal fonts, and going forth and receiving all the ordinances … in behalf of all their progenitors who are dead.”

(See Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith, Chapter 41, "Becoming Saviors on Mount Zion.")

https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-joseph-smith/chapter-41?lang=eng

The Lord's work is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man, and we help accomplish that goal by our efforts in the temple. So this is one of the possible meanings of your friend's patriarchal blessing. But I would say that there are plenty of other ways to help Jesus Christ in his work, and that each of us is meant to help in a unique way. Your friend is the only one who can find out for himself what work the Lord wants him to do. Temple work is one, missionary work is another. Helping living people come unto Christ is just as important as helping dead people. My patriarchal blessing says that I will become a savior on Mount Zion by teaching the gospel to others, so I view teaching as a sensible way in which we might help further the work of the Lord. Thanks to my mission (state-side) I have a very strong testimony that each of us is sent by God to touch the lives of certain individuals. I believe that by following the personal guidance received from the Holy Ghost, your friend will fulfill God's work in a way that no one else can, which will be fulfilling this part of his or her patriarchal blessing. Ultimately though, patriarchal blessings are meant to be understood and interpreted only by the recipient. Even the patriarch is not authorized to give any binding interpretation about the blessing. He is simply an instrument in delivering the blessing to the individual from God. I hope this makes sense and is helpful in some way!

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:25 AM, SMARTchaser said:

Can You be more specific please?

The ordinances of salvation - baptisms, washings and anointing’s, endowments and sealings.  This is the work Jesus has begun for immortality and eternal life of man – most of mankind await in the spirit world to receive the necessary ordinances of salvation Jesus have made available for all G-d’s children that chose to have a mortal experience.

The Traveler