True Or Not True...

serapha

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Faerie+Apr 13 2004, 09:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Faerie @ Apr 13 2004, 09:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--serapha@Apr 13 2004, 10:38 PM

They can't tell mythical figures from real people, and you expect them to know the religious difference between a Rosentreter and a Rosenbaum?

You baptize mythological figures?

Why? Just in case they aren't mythological?

Has satan been baptized in the CoJCoLDS's?

~serapha~

Posted Image

LOL! :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever been converted to mormonism though this message board?

I mean, I see people converted on other message boards because of the efforts of the members to "reach out" to people. Does the constant bantering and bashing here ever bring people inside the doors of the CoJCoLDS's?

~serapha~

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by serapha@Apr 18 2004, 06:41 AM

Has anyone ever been converted to mormonism though this message board?

I mean, I see people converted on other message boards because of the efforts of the members to "reach out" to people. Does the constant bantering and bashing here ever bring people inside the doors of the CoJCoLDS's?

~serapha~

I don't know...do we? I know of some who have struggled and found strength coming here...

The contention you find here...is what you are looking for...so of course you find it.....

What you are looking for...you find.

Those who are looking for strength...find it...here....those who are looking for fellowship.....find it here....those who are looking for counsel.....find it here....those who are looking for answers find them here.....

So ....we know what you are looking for....and finding....here. But it isn't all there is....to find here....it is all you look for....and find here. :D:P;)

The contention you find here...is what you are looking for...so of course you find it.....

Would you say that a little louder.... and stand up the next time someone "shovels" from christianforums about the conduct of members there.... you remember when you guys trolled the site...

Did you find contention there because it was what you were looking for?

Man, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You did hit it on the head.

I'm looking for decent discussion... not bashing ...

I would like to learn something here.. but that's impossible under the governing authortities who would rather "rant and rave" about "anti-s" than make a concerted effort to "teach" or "reach" people with the "truth" about mormonisn.

Everyone on here "yells" about how badly the CoJCoLDS's is misunderstood, I see missed opportunites on this site in almost every posting. If your denomination holds any 'truth" then use the forum to build up instead of adding to the destruction.

just so you know... I have seen a couple of conversions in the past 4-5 weeks on other forums. You do get exactly what you seek... If you seek converts, you will find them... If your purpose on this forum is just to bash other forums, other denominations, or even to bash your own church teachings, then don't wonder why you don't see conversions through this site.

How about making a committment that all of the members will only post positive responses for just one day. Would that be asking too much of the "regulars" on here?

~serapha~

Guest Starsky

How about making a committment that all of the members will only post positive responses for just one day. Would that be asking too much of the "regulars" on here?

This is a discussion board which has every kind of Mormon, and Christian on it.....it isn't church.

As for the pot calling the kettle black....we are discussing with our own and having disagreements....that is a whole lot different than having your guys call us horrid things on your forum...that is supposed to be so Christ like.

We don't claim anything except that we allow everyone to have their own oppinion....and to express it the way they want....here, within certain rule boundaries.

After all...you are still here and we haven't called you the devil and told you that you were going to hell yet...

Originally posted by serapha@Apr 18 2004, 12:12 PM

Would you say that a little louder.... and stand up the next time someone "shovels" from christianforums about the conduct of members there.... you remember when you guys trolled the site...

~serapha~

You know, Serapha, your constant exaggeration is getting wearisome. "You guys" was two people. No more, no less. And the trolls from ChristianForums did so much more than anyone here did. Why don't you wake up and smell the coffee and admit the truth? As long as you continue to lie about it, it will stand between God and you.

Originally posted by Jenda@Apr 18 2004, 03:02 PM

...Why don't you wake up and smell the coffee and admit the truth?...

Uh-huh, so maybe that's the big problem. Maybe if a certain religion allowed its members to wake up and smell the coffee, those very members might actually come to their senses, in more ways than one.

Guest Starsky

You know, I know two active mormons who drink coffee...(of course they don't just tell anyone) and it definitely has effect their spirituallity.

They are more apt to find fault with the leadership and others....maybe it is because they don't feel so good about themselves....

Maybe it is because of the hypocrisy.....but then you can't drink coffee and stay active and not become a hypocrite....can you?

Originally posted by Starsky@Apr 18 2004, 05:32 PM

Maybe it is because of the hypocrisy.....but then you can't drink coffee and stay active and not become a hypocrite....can you?

That the act of drinking coffee can reduce one to the status of hypocrite should be a clue that somebody's "fruit" is just a tad bit rotten.

~serapha~

You know, Serapha, your constant exaggeration is getting wearisome. "You guys" was two people. No more, no less. And the trolls from ChristianForums did so much more than anyone here did. Why don't you wake up and smell the coffee and admit the truth?

As long as you continue to lie about it, it will stand between God and you.

Quote please... or as I like to post it

put up or shut up.

~serapha~

Guest bizabra

Originally posted by Starsky@Apr 18 2004, 04:32 PM

You know, I know two active mormons who drink coffee...(of course they don't just tell anyone) and it definitely has effect their spirituallity.

They are more apt to find fault with the leadership and others....maybe it is because they don't feel so good about themselves....

What they feel is FEAR. To feel so guilty and fearful for drinking a cup of joe is weird! It is NOT because they are simply drinking coffee that their "spirituality " is suffering. It is because an innocent and harmless pleasure has been made taboo, and they are breaking taboo within their culture (THE MORMON CHURCH) and thus, they feel shamefaced about it to anyone else in the culture.

Are you trying to say that the millions of billions of humans worldwide that routinely and guiltlessly drink coffee or tea each and everyday are somehow SPIRITUALLY IMPAIRED because of it?

Think again, my friend, to what you claim and believe.

Originally posted by Starsky@Apr 18 2004, 04:32 PM

Oh please.

Drinking coffee does not lead to criticizing leadership. Certainly you can come up with a better thought than that. And, drinking coffee does not make you a hypocrit (if you are an active Mormon). Stop and think for a moment why that is not necissarily so. I too tired to type it all out.

just so you know... I have seen a couple of conversions in the past 4-5 weeks on other forums. You do get exactly what you seek... If you seek converts, you will find them... If your purpose on this forum is just to bash other forums, other denominations, or even to bash your own church teachings, then don't wonder why you don't see conversions through this site.

Serapha,

Think through that for just a minute. As contentious as this place get, admittedly pretty contentious, there is nowhere the bigotry and hate mongerging against other religions as there is on christianforum. If your point is that CF converts people because it isn't contentious, your flat out wrong. It may help in conversions despite the ugliness but not because the ugliness isn't there.

Also, you point about trolling rings hollow yes? Yes. You can hardly blame people for taking offense when you deliberately try and offend them, like the anti's do towards whoever they are trying to offend, Catholics, Mormons, JW's, non-fundamentals, whatever.

Lastly, you can't really be serious when you compare conversions between, uh, whatever they were converted to and LDS conversion, can you? Not the same thing at all, is it? A conversion there consists primarily of someone saying "I believe." Not that that's a bad thing but it's a completely different deal.

Originally posted by Rodney+Apr 18 2004, 02:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rodney @ Apr 18 2004, 02:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Apr 18 2004, 03:02 PM

Uh-huh, so maybe that's the big problem. Maybe if a certain religion allowed its members to wake up and smell the coffee, those very members might actually come to their senses, in more ways than one.

There's no rule against smelling coffee :)

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Rodney+Apr 18 2004, 05:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rodney @ Apr 18 2004, 05:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Starsky@Apr 18 2004, 05:32 PM

That the act of drinking coffee can reduce one to the status of hypocrite should be a clue that somebody's "fruit" is just a tad bit rotten.

I am afraid I don't understand...

If the Lord has asked us to not drink coffee and we decide we are going to anyway....which makes it impossible to get a TR which is only given to the 'obedient'....then the bad fruit is due to disobedience...not the law.

When Abraham was told to kill his only son....he obeyed.....even though it was seemingly the most rediculous thing in the world for the Lord to ask of him. Notwithstanding the fact he didn't end up having to carry through with killing his son, he was still totally willing to do whatsoever the Lord commanded...we need to understand the significance of that...

Obedience brings blessings.... we can rationalize all we want about what is or isn't part of the word of wisdom, but in truth...if we obey it as it has been set forth by the brethren....we will receive the blessings promised, even hidden treasures of knowledge....

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by AFDaw+Apr 18 2004, 10:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AFDaw @ Apr 18 2004, 10:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Rodney@Apr 18 2004, 02:21 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Apr 18 2004, 03:02 PM

There's no rule against smelling coffee :)

Yeah...I love the smell.....but good thing it doesn't taste like it smells or I would really be tempted...LOL

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Snow+Apr 18 2004, 10:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Apr 18 2004, 10:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Starsky@Apr 18 2004, 04:32 PM

Oh please.

Drinking coffee does not lead to criticizing leadership. Certainly you can come up with a better thought than that. And, drinking coffee does not make you a hypocrit (if you are an active Mormon). Stop and think for a moment why that is not necissarily so. I too tired to type it all out.

LOL :D ....sorry you are too tired...but you are going to have to spell it out for me... :rolleyes: because....I totally know it does lead to criticizing leaders....it totally drives the Spirit out of those who are drinking it....unless it is for medicinal reasons...

And if you are lying to get the TR then you are a hypocrite.... :P

Seriously!

Originally posted by serapha+Apr 18 2004, 07:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (serapha @ Apr 18 2004, 07:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
<!--QuoteBegin--serapha@Apr 18 2004, 12:12 PM

~serapha~

You know, Serapha, your constant exaggeration is getting wearisome. "You guys" was two people. No more, no less. And the trolls from ChristianForums did so much more than anyone here did. Why don't you wake up and smell the coffee and admit the truth?

As long as you continue to lie about it, it will stand between God and you.

Quote please... or as I like to post it

put up or shut up.

~serapha~

Put up or shut up, what? I am calling you on who all "you guys" are. You continue to make accusations that everyone from this board went to CF and trolled there. The fact is, 2 people went there and did what you call "trolling" However, about 10 people from CF came here and lifted posts from this site and took them back to CF, something that no one here did. The trolls from CF did far worse damage than anyone from here did.

And, Serapha, from now on, you need to be nice when you post, that is one of the rules here, or you will be put on moderated status.

Originally posted by AFDaw@Apr 19 2004, 08:58 AM

I think Starsky is saying that we haven't called Serapha the devil and told her she was going to hell unlike some of the people from CF who told us we were going to hell.

Oh, I wasn't aware of all that... makes sense now!

I wondered why Starsky was being so MEAN... :rolleyes:

I will stand with jenda on this one.....Serapha you have not been treated like you say people are treating you. Everyone is trying to be nice but when you act the way you have been coming off as, it makes people wonder what your true intentions are with this board and its members...I think we all need to start anew and be nice.

Laureltree

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by shanstress70+Apr 19 2004, 04:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shanstress70 @ Apr 19 2004, 04:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Starsky@Apr 18 2004, 01:20 PM

After all...you are still here and we haven't called you the devil and told you that you were going to hell yet...

That's a very ugly post that is probably something an LDS shouldn't say! I could point to many scriptures that say that is bad. :o

LOL...I don't think you understood my post... :D

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by AFDaw@Apr 19 2004, 07:58 AM

I think Starsky is saying that we haven't called Serapha the devil and told her she was going to hell unlike some of the people from CF who told us we were going to hell.

Exactly. Thanks AFDaw! :)