Nature of bodies of translated beings

Edspringer

2 hours ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Where did McConkie get this information? Unless supported by scripture or revelation this is simply his personal opinion. I really like Bruce R. McConkie, but he has been wrong in the past. An example is his book Mormon Doctrine where he calls the Catholic Church the Church of the Devil. This was later removed because the other members of the Twelve corrected him.

I would say these quotes provide further questions due to contradictions in the idea of what it means to be mortal. I have understood that having "blood" is the reason why we are "mortal" we can physically die. A translated being (if they were translated since Adam, as an example) would never die (live thousands of year with no aging, pains, etc...) until they are twinkled.

If a person doesn't have "blood" can they then truly be considered mortal?  We understand God is able to lengthen the day, weeks, months, years of a mortal (i.e. Adam lived for a thousand year and died, not changed in the blink of an eye). A translated being on the other hand, if the earth lasted two-hundred thousands years before Christ, and they were translated in the first 1000 years, they would remain in that state for a long time. Is that mortal? They appear to be in a state that is between mortality and immortality.

EDIT: Or simply mortal is not resurrected. If that is the case, then translated beings are mortal.

Edited by Anddenex

On 4/14/2020 at 9:21 AM, laronius said:

Anything that is not official doctrine can be justly ascribed as opinion. That doesn't make it untrue just not officially recognized as true doctrine. In this instance I would say he was just connecting the dots and drawing a conclusion based on things we do know. Does this leave room for error? Of course but we shouldn't just reject it offhand. I would rather have an Apostle's opinion on a matter to mull over than no comment at all. I think it's part of the process where we learn to receive revelation for ourselves.

There was a time when I worked for the defense department which required a security clearance.  I was aware that often information was leaked (especially to the press or media) that was supposed to be classified but was fake information.  There are reasons for leaking information but, because of my classification, I was not allowed to say what was fake or real classified information.  In short I could not say anything - unless it was classified information to which I did not have access.  Then I could make up (speculate) and say anything I wanted.  As a side note - it is not unusual for the government to encourage speculations that were not true - even to plant misleading information.

I believe that there is a parallel for sensitive spiritual information.  Those that have clearance to know sensitive spiritual information do not say anything about it.  If asked directly they will say something like, "I cannot say that I know anything about that."  However, I do not think that a true-full spirit will plant misleading information.  I am very sure that with spiritual things misleading information is very often planted by those spirits that are not true-full.  But I am surprised by how often this simple logic in ignored by mortals; all to enjoy the fun of speculating about sensitive spiritual things - especially things they know nothing about.

The Traveler