Mistake To Resign?

MichaelPAGuy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The home teachers in my town aren't very good. Asking to have my name removed would stop the missionaries and the YW.

But it would also cause an upheaval in my family at the moment.

you told us in another thread a few days ago....you have not been a member for like a year and a half....now you state....it would cause upheavel in your family at the moment.....We are just trying to understand you is all..... :hmmm:

It would cause an upheaval in my family to be officially removed.

No. I have not been a member for a year.

Sex talk was a year in a half ago.

Don't worry, I will explain what that means.

It means that six months BEFORE I left was the sex talk.

Six months later, I left.

I left a year ago.

The Sex talk was a year and a half ago.

you don't need to explain.....I got it....believe me...... :)

Good.

I really don't know how to break it down any more.

It took me a few mins to make it that easy to follow.

I guess I could draw a picture...

but that would probably make things worse.

you have done enough.....

<div class='quotemain'>

Good.

I really don't know how to break it down any more.

It took me a few mins to make it that easy to follow.

I guess I could draw a picture...

but that would probably make things worse.

you have done enough.....

please don't draw a picture...thanks

I'm glad Pale understands, because I don't. You say you're no longer a member (which would indicate to others that your name is not on the church records as a member), but then you say you don't want to have your name removed from the church because it would cause upheaval. So which is it? Are you a member of record in the church or not?

Maybe if you would stop writing so cryptically others would understand you better.

Perhaps we're straining the gnat between "inactive with no allegiance," and "officially gone?"

Perhaps. But in the LDS Church, once baptized, you are considered a member until excommunication or name removal from the records. Just deciding you don't believe anymore does not automatically un-make your membership from the LDS Church.

<div class='quotemain'>

Perhaps we're straining the gnat between "inactive with no allegiance," and "officially gone?"

Perhaps. But in the LDS Church, once baptized, you are considered a member until excommunication or name removal from the records. Just deciding you don't believe anymore does not automatically un-make your membership from the LDS Church.

and to go along with that.....you can leave your name on the Church membership and still ask for no contact from the church and that request should be granted....unlike some friends of mine who grew tired of their Pastor and resigned from their church...turned in a letter and were then searching for a church they felt comfortable at....

Pale, if the church was non-denominational, they hardly even had to turn in a letter. They just quit going, and start going somewhere else. Sometimes it's because of leadership, sometimes situation in life. For example, about a year ago we were tempted to find a larger congregation--one that had 'better' programs for our children. We could have done so without too much shame. The pastor would have been disappointed, and there would have been some tears--but not too much blame. Ultimately, though, we did not sense God releasing us to go.

Bottom-line: For protestants, since there is not one true church organization, we can have more liberty to move around. At the same time, we maintain our loyalty to the "church universal." Additionally, we discourage 'church hopping,'--though in the Bible belt it's pretty common.

I don't see how I can still be considered a member.

If that is the case, I am Catholic as well.

I don't think I am a mormon just because they have my name on a piece of paper.

They don't want to let it go, that is their problem, because the fact remains that I have nothing to do with them.

I believe what I say I believe, not what someone else tells me I believe.

Pale, if the church was non-denominational, they hardly even had to turn in a letter. They just quit going, and start going somewhere else. Sometimes it's because of leadership, sometimes situation in life. For example, about a year ago we were tempted to find a larger congregation--one that had 'better' programs for our children. We could have done so without too much shame. The pastor would have been disappointed, and there would have been some tears--but not too much blame. Ultimately, though, we did not sense God releasing us to go.

Bottom-line: For protestants, since there is not one true church organization, we can have more liberty to move around. At the same time, we maintain our loyalty to the "church universal." Additionally, we discourage 'church hopping,'--though in the Bible belt it's pretty common.

The 2 Churches I am talking about...one was a Freewill Baptist Church and another freind stop going to a First Baptist Church due to the Pastors Politics and started to attend a different church. Now both familes told me they wrote letters of resignation...

Not only did being a member feel like a job...

but now I have to quit like it was a job?

I have to write a letter so I can believe what I believe?

Man, nothing is easy anymore. Not even your own faith.

Desire, like a job, there are support groups for those who quit. They'll even tell you how to go about such a letter. But, be certain--absolutely certain--that you wish to do so. Count the cost. It's possible to come back later, but, from this thread, you can see that even someone who resigns, and almost immediately regrets it, faces a good deal of shame.

IMHO, your faith is ultimately between you and God. However, it is also between you and those you love. So, walk gently, carefully, and prayerfully. Don't allow your decisions to drive you away from the one you worship.

I don't see how I can still be considered a member.

If that is the case, I am Catholic as well.

I don't think I am a mormon just because they have my name on a piece of paper.

They don't want to let it go, that is their problem, because the fact remains that I have nothing to do with them.

I believe what I say I believe, not what someone else tells me I believe.

And yet, here you are, at an LDS forum, spouting your thoughts about it. What's that old saying? They can leave the church, but they can't seem to leave it alone. Seems to fit this situation. And just because you don't feel "Mormon" anymore doesn't change the fact that you are still on their records until you request to be taken off.

It is because it is one of those "life" churches.

You have to live it to be in it, and getting out is harder because of it.

I did go a long time without talking to any of you.

That was kind of like my recovery time to find myself.

Myself found, I am here still learning in support of my daddy.

I don't agree with your point of view......but thats ok....you are entitled to believe what you want.... :D