I'm New Here

snipe123

Hi everyone,

New to this forum...Been a member of the church most of my life, served a mission in Dallas, Texas...married in the temple and have three kids...divorced 3 years ago and really went off the deep end for the past three years...went and joined the great and spacious building for a time, but returned in April...Innitiated the repentence process with Bishop and some church discipline insued, but I am happy to be on the road to recovery and love the church...Have since patched things up with the help of friendly bishops and a Stake President...and LDS social services(counciling) my x-wife and we are remarrying on Oct 5th...Happy family on that day! I marvel at the mercies of The Lord for this wonderful blessing and that he has brought me back out of the world where I was truely lost in the mists of darkness...Happy to be back among the Saints and eager to encourage the faith and development of my fellows...Seems people have said what church callings they have had, so I thought I would share that...I have taught seminary, Gospel Doctrine, been YOung mens president a couple times and was in a prison group presidency for three years...(was an awesome calling) and a missionary...Love to teach and learn about The Gospel...not sure what else to say except hello!

EDIT: Oh, and I live in Portland, Oregon

Hello Isaac and welcome...

I know exactly what's it's like to walk in the world... and though I lived a good life, I can't tell you how thankful I am that I had the good sense to turn back and grab hold of that iron rod again... no day goes by without my feeling incredible gratitude... and freedom...

Glad to have you here...

from the beautiful central Oregon coast... The Garden Girl

• 1 month later...
Guest AutumnBreez

Hello Isaac and welcome...

I know exactly what's it's like to walk in the world... and though I lived a good life, I can't tell you how thankful I am that I had the good sense to turn back and grab hold of that iron rod again... no day goes by without my feeling incredible gratitude... and freedom...

Glad to have you here...

from the beautiful central Oregon coast... The Garden Girl

Amen to that! I am returning after 12 years. Have alot ahead of me but feel the same gratitude!

I was raised in Seattle - lived there for 18 years, then moved to the Central Oregon Coast and lived there for 32 years. I now live in Pinal County Arizona.

I am from the Pacific NorthWest! I love Washington State and Oregon State equally!

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Back To Topic</span>

Welcome Isaac - good to have you as a "family" member of TCOJCOLDS & LDS Forums - too!