We Need One More

fish4kitty

Hi,

I'm Greg. I'm new here.

I have a question that I need an answer to, and hope someone here can help me with.

Hypothetical in a way, We have been sealed in the temple and I die tomorrow. My wife gets married in the temple some time later. Is she sealed for all time and eternity to her husband?

And if she died, same thing? Does this mean that in Celestial Kingdom My wife would now have two husbands? Or I two wife's?

Hypothetical in a way, We have been sealed in the temple and I die tomorrow. My wife gets married in the temple some time later. Is she sealed for all time and eternity to her husband?

And if she died, same thing? Does this mean that in Celestial Kingdom My wife would now have two husbands? Or I two wife's?

If you die she can be remarried or sealed in the temple for time only, unless she can have the sealing to you canceled. Which is pretty hard to do. If she dies you can be sealed to another woman for time and eternity. As far as how it will all work out, we do not know that much to say anything other then Heavenly Father will work it out when the time comes.

If you die she can be remarried or sealed in the temple for time only, unless she can have the sealing to you canceled. Which is pretty hard to do. If she dies you can be sealed to another woman for time and eternity. As far as how it will all work out, we do not know that much to say anything other then Heavenly Father will work it out when the time comes.

Thanks for your reply. I have been a member for eleven years.I'm having a hard time with this one. Even being a man, I can't seem to wrap my mind around this.Maybe because I'm a convert it is so puzzling?There is so many ways to go with this, I'm about to go mad.

Greg

Thanks for your reply. I have been a member for eleven years.I'm having a hard time with this one. Even being a man, I can't seem to wrap my mind around this.Maybe because I'm a convert it is so puzzling?There is so many ways to go with this, I'm about to go mad.

Greg

Want to start up a thread about what concerns you have with it? Maybe we can work it out for ya.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello I am Cherisa! I am new to this forum and to LDS. I am waiting to be baptized on 12/18. I would really likr to meet people on here but I cant seem to figure out how to write to any one. I would like to talk to some people about what is going to happen at my baptism and about some things that I want to change in my life to become a better person and make Heavenly father happy with me. I am going through a divorce and I am not sure if my getting baptized before I am finished with it is the best idea. I know that divorce is wrong but I think that anyone who knew the situation would agree it was the best thing for the safety of my children and myself. please someone talk to me about it!

Hello I am Cherisa! I am new to this forum and to LDS. I am waiting to be baptized on 12/18. I would really likr to meet people on here but I cant seem to figure out how to write to any one. I would like to talk to some people about what is going to happen at my baptism and about some things that I want to change in my life to become a better person and make Heavenly father happy with me. I am going through a divorce and I am not sure if my getting baptized before I am finished with it is the best idea. I know that divorce is wrong but I think that anyone who knew the situation would agree it was the best thing for the safety of my children and myself. please someone talk to me about it!

Welcome! :D Why wouldn't it be a good idea to get baptized before your divorce is over? It might actually help you. I'm sorry to hear you're going through that. If your husband has been abusing you and your kids, you have no reason to feel guilty for divorcing him.

Welcome! :D Why wouldn't it be a good idea to get baptized before your divorce is over? It might actually help you. I'm sorry to hear you're going through that. If your husband has been abusing you and your kids, you have no reason to feel guilty for divorcing him.

I guess that I am just scared that I am going to get baptized and then this will be something that will be terrible and I will be disfellowshipped or worse. I dont know if I know enough about LDS to understand what will happen. I have wonderful people to talk to but some things are easier to talk to a stranger about. I guess that I dont want to get divorced and then be back at square one because I did something terrible. But I also dont know If i will actually be a member of the church ever even if I get baptized because I dont know all of the steps to have it happen . but I just dont want to do this stuff in the wrong order so i was trying to get all of the sins that I could out of the way before I said that I would try to do every thing right and ask Heavenly father to forgive me and to wash my sins away. I hope that this makes sense because I feel like I am talking in circles

I guess that I am just scared that I am going to get baptized and then this will be something that will be terrible and I will be disfellowshipped or worse. I dont know if I know enough about LDS to understand what will happen. I have wonderful people to talk to but some things are easier to talk to a stranger about. I guess that I dont want to get divorced and then be back at square one because I did something terrible. But I also dont know If i will actually be a member of the church ever even if I get baptized because I dont know all of the steps to have it happen . but I just dont want to do this stuff in the wrong order so i was trying to get all of the sins that I could out of the way before I said that I would try to do every thing right and ask Heavenly father to forgive me and to wash my sins away. I hope that this makes sense because I feel like I am talking in circles

I think I understand what you're feeling here.

You are not going to be in trouble for getting divorced. There is no discipline involved for that. We consider marriage to be a covenant. When a person abuses their spouse or is unfaithful, they have broken that covenant. People are not disciplined in the church for getting divorced. A friend of mine at church has been debating whether to leave her husband or not and everyone at church is telling her to do it because he became physically abusive, he is manipulative, he went to a prostitute, and last and certainly not least, he decided to become a woman without even telling her about it. People are practically begging her to leave him for the sake of her mental and physical health. When you are baptized, you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost afterwards during your confirmation and it might be a great help to have the Spirit with you to guide you through the painful process of getting divorced.

Welcome Cherisa. Congratulations on your taking the steps to learn of the gospel and planning to be baptized! Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and being confirmed an official member of the church (happens right after you're baptized) will help you out immensely. Don't be scared- we all will pray for you. Just keep studying and praying and the Lord will be there with you. It might help for you to talk to the bishop about your divorce. The bishops are not paid or professionally trained clergy, they're volunteer... they are called of God through true priesthood authority, they rely completely upon the Lord and His Spirit to counsel and guide the members of the ward.

Welcome Cherisa. Congratulations on your taking the steps to learn of the gospel and planning to be baptized! Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and being confirmed an official member of the church (happens right after you're baptized) will help you out immensely. Don't be scared- we all will pray for you. Just keep studying and praying and the Lord will be there with you. It might help for you to talk to the bishop about your divorce. The bishops are not paid or professionally trained clergy, they're volunteer... they are called of God through true priesthood authority, they rely completely upon the Lord and His Spirit to counsel and guide the members of the ward.

I have learned about the clergy not being paid and I think it is wonderful. Do you think that the people in my branch could help me locate a bishop(I have no idea where they are kept)I know every one in the branch as brother sister Elder or president. I am sure that I will learn all of these things as time progresses but I would still like to know more of the basics. I think that the missionaries who I have spoken with are supposed to get me to convert but they focus on those things completely and leave out church doctrine (i know that a lot of it should be learned from scripture) and I am always scared that I am doing something wrong every day because I just dont know and I also get surprised by things I read on sites like this. I go to my neighbors house and she will sit and talk to me for as long as she can to try to explain things but I dont think she knows what to tell me about the divorce either. Do I need to wait until I am a member to be able to speak with a bishop?

I have learned about the clergy not being paid and I think it is wonderful. Do you think that the people in my branch could help me locate a bishop(I have no idea where they are kept)I know every one in the branch as brother sister Elder or president. I am sure that I will learn all of these things as time progresses but I would still like to know more of the basics. I think that the missionaries who I have spoken with are supposed to get me to convert but they focus on those things completely and leave out church doctrine (i know that a lot of it should be learned from scripture) and I am always scared that I am doing something wrong every day because I just dont know and I also get surprised by things I read on sites like this. I go to my neighbors house and she will sit and talk to me for as long as she can to try to explain things but I dont think she knows what to tell me about the divorce either. Do I need to wait until I am a member to be able to speak with a bishop?

Hi, Cherisa...

First of all, welcome to the board... I hope you find help and support here...

Secondly, if you are in a Branch, rather than a Ward, you won't have a Bishop... You will have a Branch President... A Ward is a congregation that has more members... A Ward is what a Branch wants to be when it grows up!! LOL So, the Branch President basically functions in the same way a Bishop does, only his congregation is smaller... Go talk to your Branch President, and he can help you!! If you don't know who he is, ask the Missionaries or a member of the Branch... And no, you don' have to be a member to speak with him!!

Hope this helps!!

Silver Girl

Hi, Cherisa...

Another thing...

I just mentioned your situation to my Hubby (who is a convert of 6 years), and he suggested you go out to www.mormon.org and cruise that site... It is basically "the Gospel for beginners"... He loves that site, and found alot of practical information there!! It has a lot of "question and answer" type info.... You can even chat online with a missionary or call them on the phone... It also has a glossary to help you understand "MormonSpeak" (meaning all the words like Bishop, that you may not know all about yet!!)...

Hope this helps some!!

Silver Girl

• 2 weeks later...