Hello From The Uk

tenalk

Hello everyone

I love the forum, theres soo much to read and so many people that are down to earth and genuin.

Im from West Yorkshire in the UK, I belong to the Pontefract ward which is in the York, England stake. Iv belonged to this unit since me and my family joined the church back in 1975. We have watched our uinit grow from a small branch meeting in members houses to a now thriving ward with our own building, that took us years to get.

I am married to Andy, whos a non member. We have six children between us, three to my previous marrage, he has two to his and we have one child together, we see all the six children as ours and we are mum and dad to them. All six live with us, no thats wrong our oldest daughter Debi recently had a baby and moved in wth her boyfriend. All the children have been baptised, (my ex is a member, and Im still sealed to him, the oldest 3 kids are too) but debi lost her membership a few years ago after a good frew wrong choices in her life. Only the younger three are active in the church but I pray every day for the others to come back to the fold.

I lost my membership to the chuch 12 years ago but got rebaptised in 2001 (I think it was). It took me a lot of soul serching and praying to finaly forgive myself for the things Iv done wrong. But Im back with vengance now as I have now shed my rebelious trats, its took 40 years but they have finaly gone, I now know the joy of submitting to the Lords will.

I know the church is true, I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of a loving Heavenly Father. I know that President Hinkely is a man called of God who receives revelation from The Lord. My live is complete now I have come back to the fold and I know that living its principles will only bring happyness to my life. And when things get hard I know I can gain strength through reading the scriptures and prayer.

Guest AutumnBreez

Welcome!

I am just returning too, as you know...seen your reply letter in my welcome portion.

Everything that I am coming across, in the church as a whole, the understanding is stronger then it was the first time.

My testomony is stronger then first time already!

Glad to have you here, will see you on the boards as we journey through.... :D

Hi Tenalk,

It's great to see another UK poster around here...I found some on another thread earlier today too...

I'm from Lancashire...Nelson, next door to Burnley to be exact...I've been to Leeds and have just found out that I have relatives living in Pontefract who would like to meet me and my family some day...

I don't attend the LDS church, altho I used to, back in my teens...

It would be great to share histories with you! :)

Hi Tenalk,

It's great to see another UK poster around here...I found some on another thread earlier today too...

I'm from Lancashire...Nelson, next door to Burnley to be exact...I've been to Leeds and have just found out that I have relatives living in Pontefract who would like to meet me and my family some day...

I don't attend the LDS church, altho I used to, back in my teens...

It would be great to share histories with you! :)

I was bourght up in pontefract, its a lovely town, Iv been a member of the lds church in pontefract since I was eight.

Pray, tell us more about your roots Pa Pa! :)

My wife's family origianlly from Whales...I am more Scottish and Irish...Wilth a name like William Edward Lee (I was born a Nation...later adopted) The Nation(s) used to be... I am still looking into. Of course my family has been here at least since the 1700's.

My wife's family origianlly from Whales...I am more Scottish and Irish...Wilth a name like William Edward Lee (I was born a Nation...later adopted) The Nation(s) used to be... I am still looking into. Of course my family has been here at least since the 1700's.

"Whales"? :huh:

My ancestors are from Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales and Switzerland. Some came over early, the most recent in the 1800s. Welcome!!

HiJolly