My black Christian cop artist buddy is selling hats to pay for wedding

NeuroTypical

This post is basically an invitation to spend money, so feel free to skip it.  For the rest of you, here’s a little about my buddy Mr. Russ:

He’s been a friend of my family for fifteen years.  We met when my young daughter was taking gymnastics classes, and he was the instructor.  We met again some years later at the family gym where he taught Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and MMA to us. He also taught private self defense classes to groups of sexual assault victims.  He was on an early episode of American Ninja Warrior, going by the name of Blackie Chan, and he giggles every time he says it out loud.  Dude is an amazing martial artist, he once considered an invitation to try out for Cirque de Soleil, and could have made the cut.  

He’s always been heavily on Facebook, always passionate about his Christianity, and how the Lord’s presence in his life demanded he work his way out of the hood and off the streets. He’s always preaching against woke nonsense and denouncing never ending victimhood.  Right now he’s an active duty Colorado Springs police officer, currently leading recruitment efforts.  He’s one of those amazing superstar people with thousands of friends who he always knows by name, The picture of “larger than life humble warrior with a heart full of joy”.  This is him with my niece, posing for the camera:

image.thumb.png.0cbb486be8a7a9bbac491167292d3766.png

Anyway, he got married, and he’s selling hats so he can take his bride to Hawaii.  Hats are $30, with $15 shipping.  Not cheap, but he’s trying to fund his wedding and doesn’t just want to ask for money.  He’s also an insanely talented artist, honoring God with a heavily stylized African tribal tattoo style.

Here’s the hat:

image.thumb.png.80f93f00ce6409d413f0f78447d763fc.png

The art I guess you could call “tribal Christian deity”- the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost depicted as lions, united, with the sword of truth coming out of Christ’s mouth.  As an LDS, I get a kick out of the fact that he’s depicting God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit as 3 distinct individuals.

I’m getting one in hopes that my woke progressive buddies will accuse me of cultural appropriation, so I can give them an earful about how the artist is a black Christian cop who detests Kendi and woke nonsense. 😁   I also support the guy who has passed up countless opportunities to monetize his talents, because they would limit his ability to profess Christ.

Here’s the link:

https://gofund.me/91721a8c