Getting Married

<span style='font-family: "Impact"'>Ok first off I am 21 and I have a 15 month old daughter. I became inactive in the church and have just started going back the last month with my finace. We are supose to be getting married next week. I love him more than anything and I have prayed about getting married and I feel like I should but I don't know if those sre just my own personal feelings. He is great to my daughter she calls him dad. But here is the catch. When I started going back to church he came with me. He started the discussions and I thought we had agreed this would be how things would be. Well he went on a vactaion came back and told me he was raised penecostale and that were his belifes told me he respected my beliefs and I should respect his. This church was never important to and it wasn't important that I married in the church.. But now I feel completely oppisite. I love this man with all my heart and I am just looking for some opinions.. Thank you

Katyakaye</span> :(

Well if I had an answer to either or it would be easy. But its both. I want a husband I want him to be my husband. And I want to be active int he church.

Then marry him and go back to Church. He says he respects your beliefs so he should support you in that. Atleast thats what id think. Youve prayed about it and you dont feel like you shouldnt, unless ive misunderstood you. The key is: Dont make a decision based on fear. Make it on faith.

BTW thank you for using a better font than the original post was in. it was hard to read.

Guest prnldsfrms

It is very lonely to be married to someone who does not share your faith and your degree of commitment to that faith. If you chose to marry him knowing that he has told you he will never change, you need to respect that. And I know far more women who never could fully accept that discrepancy, than I know women who have done so.

If you want the blessings of being married to someone who believes and lives as you do, then you must break up with this man, and date only those who fit your requirements.

P.S. One of your most difficult issues will be believing that you will eventually get what you seek. When I gave up a seven year relationship so I could finally be square with God, I believed that I would be alone for the rest of my life. When I was willing to accept that and follow God anyway, He sent me a loving and faithful husband. (I was 35 at the time), to my utter astonishment. While I know that many women remain single in those circumstances, it may be that Heavenly Father will bless you with your righteous desires in this life. You are awfully young to give up on His promises so soon (and I would suspect any such feelings might be based on the "will any righteous man want me and my child", rather than faith and hope in Christ).

If you decide to marry him just keep your eyes wide open to the fact that you might never be able to go to the temple together. I'm not saying it's wrong to marry him - it might be the right thing actually, but keep praying and fasting over it and listening and paying attention to how Heavenly Father guides you.

I can understand your situation, Katya. I am LDS and my husband is not. But he respects my choice and I respect his. I still have hopes that he will come to agree with my beliefs and one day ask to take the missionary discussions and join, but I am not pressuring him to do that. If he ever wants to, I will support him completely! But if not, I still love him as he is and will accept him as a loving husband and soon-to-be great dad! :)

My wife did not give up on me. I didn't go w/ her to church and I didn't support her when she had callings. I was a selfish ---. But, with her good example and many many many misssionaries I eventually joined and have been faithful to the church and God and my family. It can go both ways. I don't want you to base your decision on what is said here just want you to know that miracles do happen. I can't say whether your man will eventually join you but don't just give up on the idea that one day he will. I will be wishing you the best.... :)

f4k

Thank you all so much for your opinions. I know that it will be a struggle to marry someone that is not a member of the chruch. But I do love him and I can not give up on him. He is a very spriritual person and I hope that one day he will come to know the truth. I can only hope and pray for the best. Even though I know that he may never be able to bring me to the temple I want to spend my life with him. Im not even at a point in my life where I can go myslef I hope to get there though and I hope he is there with me. Thanks again guys. This has been very helpful to me. I got some really positive view points. Im sure I will be on here in the future