My Late Wife's Birthday Today

Guest HEthePrimate

Guest HEthePrimate

Not quite sure how to celebrate it. I did bake some Tollhouse cookies last night and brought them to work today to share with the coworkers, but to be completely honest, that was more because I like Tollhouse cookies than any other reason! On the other hand, cooking things reminds me of her because she liked my cooking (and I did most of the cooking), and I always relished watching her enjoy what I had prepared.

Talking to spirits might be considered weird by some, but I wished her a 'happy birthday' out loud first thing this morning, upon waking up.

She was/is truly a good woman.

Daniel

Not quite sure how to celebrate it. I did bake some Tollhouse cookies last night and brought them to work today to share with the coworkers, but to be completely honest, that was more because I like Tollhouse cookies than any other reason! On the other hand, cooking things reminds me of her because she liked my cooking (and I did most of the cooking), and I always relished watching her enjoy what I had prepared.

Talking to spirits might be considered weird by some, but I wished her a 'happy birthday' out loud first thing this morning, upon waking up.

She was/is truly a good woman.

Daniel

DAN,

Happy Birthday to this Great Woman Who LOVES DAN!

Do you think she heard that? I hope so... the veil is so thin and our energies surely pass through according to our faith, so talk away...

Personally, if YOU were my Hubby.... I would surely be smiling right now, and knowing just WHY I love YOU! The birth of another individual that has impacted our lives in such positive ways... should be CELEBRATED. How fortunate we were, of sooo many, that YOU got to be a part of their LIFE!

I know that this time on earth is such a speck in time, and it is even said that perhaps when all is said and done, we will not even look back on it... hard to think that is true, huh? But I just know we are going to have some of the best times in the next life as we reminisce over our lives together.... all the good and the bad? I also expect to laugh a LOT, at all the dumb stuff we all did here too.

What I love that you have done, is the COOKIE thing. Of course you baked them for you... but you have opened your heart wide open and let others know that TODAY, is important to you, and that you need some support...

Oh, that more of us would reach out to one another and not try to be so tough all the time. I am certain that most of those cookies received by your friends at work... came back to you in the form of hugs and your feeling better.

So do things that take care of you today... and celebrate that she IS a part of your ongoing life here and always.

Glad you stopped by here today... if you gave me a cookie, I would surely HUG you!

Consider yourself given a great big HUG! Are there cyber-hugs? Well, now there are! :wub:

Have a wonderful day and focus yourself with gratitude, especially for the wonderful Plan of Happiness...

Love,

gVr

Guest HEthePrimate

Happy Birthday, Keena. :) I don't think that's weird at all and I enjoy reading about the love you have for your wife.

You remembered her name! I'm impressed.

Thanks everybody, for your kind words. Wish I could 'beam' some cookies over to you all, but that's one thing we can't do over the Internet... YET. ;)

((hugs)) to you, too.

D

Thanks everybody, for your kind words. Wish I could 'beam' some cookies over to you all, but that's one thing we can't do over the Internet... YET. ;)

((hugs)) to you, too.

D

That must surely be tough. God bless you.

Happy Birthday to your wife! You'll be together again before you imagine.

((hugs)) to you, too.

D

I remembered her name because it's the same as my old visiting teaching companion's name and it's a rather unusual one. :) That's awesome that you like to bake cookies.

DAN,

Happy Birthday to this Great Woman Who LOVES DAN!

Do you think she heard that? I hope so... the veil is so thin and our energies surely pass through according to our faith, so talk away...

Personally, if YOU were my Hubby.... I would surely be smiling right now, and knowing just WHY I love YOU! The birth of another individual that has impacted our lives in such positive ways... should be CELEBRATED. How fortunate we were, of sooo many, that YOU got to be a part of their LIFE!

I know that this time on earth is such a speck in time, and it is even said that perhaps when all is said and done, we will not even look back on it... hard to think that is true, huh? But I just know we are going to have some of the best times in the next life as we reminisce over our lives together.... all the good and the bad? I also expect to laugh a LOT, at all the dumb stuff we all did here too.

What I love that you have done, is the COOKIE thing. Of course you baked them for you... but you have opened your heart wide open and let others know that TODAY, is important to you, and that you need some support...

Oh, that more of us would reach out to one another and not try to be so tough all the time. I am certain that most of those cookies received by your friends at work... came back to you in the form of hugs and your feeling better.

So do things that take care of you today... and celebrate that she IS a part of your ongoing life here and always.

Glad you stopped by here today... if you gave me a cookie, I would surely HUG you!

Consider yourself given a great big HUG! Are there cyber-hugs? Well, now there are! :wub:

Have a wonderful day and focus yourself with gratitude, especially for the wonderful Plan of Happiness...

Love,

gVr

That was so beautifully said!

Dan,

I am so touched by the love you have for your wife...that kind of love truly does live on through eternity!

~Kate

Guest HEthePrimate

I remembered her name because it's the same as my old visiting teaching companion's name and it's a rather unusual one. :) That's awesome that you like to bake cookies.

'Keena' is apparently an Irish Gaelic name that means 'brave.' Never thought about it much until she died. Then I went on a big Irish kick because of it. Strange what grief will do to a person. Well, at least I do have some Irish ancestors, so I'm allowed to be into 'things Irish'! In any case, she truly was a brave person, and one of the strongest people I have ever met.

Daniel