Not realizing we are really cursing ourselves

We must learn to hold this dangerous weapon

Before we kill others as well as ourselves

We must learn to watch the words

That we allow to roll off of it

We must allow it to be known

As a piece of gold from heaven

Instead of the flames from hell

But the sad truth is that everybody won’t remember that, and even if they did, everybody wouldn’t agree on how to watch or use their tongue. Satan and his disciples aren’t going to say anything nice about anybody they don’t like, and they don’t like many people.

And the trick is not to get everybody else to watch or use their tongue righteously anyway, but to live in such a way that no matter what anyone else says to you or about you, you will stand justified before God. God and His people will defeat Satan and his people, and our goal should be to be on the team that wins.

And you know what else. Satan and his disciples desire to tear every righteous person down by the things that they say, but the disciples of Jesus will use those words to make any adjustments to their behavior that may be necessary.

Thus Satan and his disciples who use the tongue as a weapon will never defeat the disciples of Jesus because they (we) will use those sticks and stones for something righteous. :P

Guest Starsky

I have noticed that those who need to read this...haven't posted on this thread...and those who don't need it have.. (me excluded of course, cause I needed it.)

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Starsky@May 25 2004, 08:28 PM

I have noticed that those who need to read this...haven't posted on this thread...and those who don't need it have.. (me excluded of course, cause I needed it.)

As usual, you are busy minding everyone else's business. (I couldn't resist! :P )

Maybe it's me, but I just don't see all this contention everyone claims is so rampant here. Are there hidden threads where everyone swears at each other that I don't know about? Am I missing something here? Sure, I see the occasional jerk spouting off and using vulgarities, but this is rare. Maybe it's just because most of you people are chicks and take offense so easily. As a hetero male, I just don't see all this fighting everyone keeps talking about. :blink:

Originally posted by Starsky@May 25 2004, 10:28 PM

Yes Starsky,

You are great. Thank you for posting something that I can benefit from.

However, with one exception, I don't think my posts are hurtful. I have apologized to you for that. However, you said hurtful things that time as well.

My goal is not to say anything ugly. But that doesn't mean I have to agree.

John, unfortunately, I think some peoples' 'contention' really equals 'disagreement'.

The Fire-breathing Dragon

Guest Chell

Originally posted by john doe@May 26 2004, 04:55 AM

Maybe it's me, but I just don't see all this contention everyone claims is so rampant here. Are there hidden threads where everyone swears at each other that I don't know about? Am I missing something here? Sure, I see the occasional jerk spouting off and using vulgarities, but this is rare. Maybe it's just because most of you people are chicks and take offense so easily. As a hetero male, I just don't see all this  fighting everyone keeps talking about.  :blink:

LOL, you must have a pretty rough existence. LOL

Chicks huh? LOL :D

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by shanstress70+May 26 2004, 04:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shanstress70 @ May 26 2004, 04:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Starsky@May 25 2004, 10:28 PM

Yes Starsky,

You are great. Thank you for posting something that I can benefit from.

However, with one exception, I don't think my posts are hurtful. I have apologized to you for that. However, you said hurtful things that time as well.

My goal is not to say anything ugly. But that doesn't mean I have to agree.

John, unfortunately, I think some peoples' 'contention' really equals 'disagreement'.

The Fire-breathing Dragon

Actually I mostly post things that I need to hear. Yes I like to pretend I am teaching others because I have found that it is when I am teaching others that I learn the most.

Sorry I am such a pig that way....I always seem to need to know that there is 'something in it for me.' :(

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by curvette+May 25 2004, 09:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ May 25 2004, 09:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Starsky@May 25 2004, 08:28 PM

As usual, you are busy minding everyone else's business. (I couldn't resist! :P )

LOL....I know that was a huge temptation for you Curvette...so I forgive you....LOL and :P right back attcha! ;):D

Starsky. What up with your avatar? Did you scan some 1970's Harlequin "romance novel" cover and crop the torso shot of the guy on the horse? Just wondering. I must say he is "magnificent"? :lol: just joking about the latter comment but not the former.

About the use of our tongue. WE need to be careful what we label as righteous speak as opposed to satanic speak. The free exchange of idea's and thoughts are what civilization is based on. The darkest times in humanities history are punctuated with the enforced silence of the individual in the name of some cause, belief system or government ect... But alas we can all be civil when we communicate and be thankful we have a right to do it. Disagreement is not evil, it is inevitable. Maturity is the ability to get past disagreements and continue the exchange of thoughts and idea's.

Originally posted by Starsky@May 25 2004, 08:28 PM

I guess you are talking about me, huh? :angry::D:o:lol: B)

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Jenda+May 26 2004, 07:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ May 26 2004, 07:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Starsky@May 25 2004, 08:28 PM

I guess you are talking about me, huh? :angry::D:o:lol: B)

<span style=\'color:red\'>NOT!

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by your_Daddy@May 26 2004, 07:37 PM

Starsky. What up with your avatar? Did you scan some 1970's Harlequin "romance novel" cover and crop the torso shot of the guy on the horse? Just wondering. I must say he is "magnificent"? :lol: just joking about the latter comment but not the former.

About the use of our tongue. WE need to be careful what we label as righteous speak as opposed to satanic speak. The free exchange of idea's and thoughts are what civilization is based on. The darkest times in humanities history are punctuated with the enforced silence of the individual in the name of some cause, belief system or government ect... But alas we can all be civil when we communicate and be thankful we have a right to do it. Disagreement is not evil, it is inevitable. Maturity is the ability to get past disagreements and continue the exchange of thoughts and idea's.

Wow 'your_daddy' I feel really complimented....I mean.....you registered just to post a message to me about my avatar? ;) LOL

I believe kindness can endorse truth....and truth can be given in kindness....When we speak...it should be in kindness but with truth. Other than this...is evil.

Originally posted by your_Daddy@May 26 2004, 07:37 PM

I thought your tone of writing look familiar :D I like your new aviator

john its great to finally see you posting again, I was wondering if you would ever come back. 

Thanks, I haven't left, it's just that there are many demands on my time right now so I usually only post when I REALLY feel a need to say something. Plus, unfortunately, and this is no disrespect to anyone here, many of the topics here don't grab my attention enough for me to bother with them.

Originally posted by john doe@May 27 2004, 11:02 PM

LOL, you must have a pretty rough existence. LOL

Chicks huh? LOL

No, I just call 'em the way I see'em. You have to admit, there are a lot of 'chick' topics on this board. I'm not a 'chick', so they don't really appeal to me.

Soooo John D.

Start a topic that interests YOU...and we may just surprise you with our chick answers! :P