working man and night duty

Elgama

My son is 16 months and still only sleeps for 3 or 4 hours at most at one time. It is getting much easier. Now he is weaned my husband has taken Saturday night but I think I need more is it unreasonable for me to ask for another night? I do get up later than him (8am compared to 6.30am) but then I am on the go until 8pm. Normally it would be ok but I currently have an inner ear infection on top of my fibromyalgia and also seem to have a virus on top of it. I am exhausted and have only had 4 full nights sleep since I was about 6 months pregnant and got pelvic pain.

-Charley

he's on a really good schedule he goes for his nap happily from 11am-2pm and goes down to sleep between 7pm and 8pm I usually have both kids in bed by 7.30pm - just I could really do with the extra night not being on duty, it has got easier much easier he is sleeping longer (3-4 hours over 1-2 hours) and he comes through and just crawls in bed with us at about 4am, but I stupidly listened to my Mum and put him in his own bed, with my ear problem I can't sleep properly because I can't hear the kids. Its just been particularly bad because I am sick and kids are sick and both have been waking whereas Ellie normally is asleep for 8pm and sleeps until 8-9am.

-Charley

not really Mum does help out but she has to careful as she had a stroke and she struggles dealing with the kids. She sometimes takes them for a night (thats 2 of my 4 nights) - Richard is pretty good at realising how hard it is working he did go a bit caveman on me when he was working outside the home for the first time until I pointed out he had a 40 hour week - mine is at least an 84 hour week with no lunch break lol and then I get 6 out of the 7 night duties, we;ve just never had a traditional division before not sure how to handle it - it took 2 months to get him to take Saturdays he is now getting over his Flintstone Phase

_Charley

• 1 month later...