A LDS church just for gays etc...

Guest Starsky

Because for all your snide remarks you are the LEAST Christlike person I've seen in quite a while and I don't say that lightly

Yet it was you who began with the personal insults.

Go find somebody else to bother.

BTW, it's interesting how you use your dislike for me as an excuse for your rotten behavior.

Originally posted by Cal+Jun 7 2004, 09:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Jun 7 2004, 09:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--LaurelTree@Jun 7 2004, 03:51 PM

Tr2,

I replied because I have several gay family members, and I don't feel I have the right to tell them they are wrong, only god does, I can just love them for who they are........My mom reads her scriptures more than most mormons I know, She reads for several hours EVERY night, and we can talk about religion and she doesnt judge. To me that is the true love for the lord, to live it,love it, and love all no matter what.....

Laureltree

Unfortunately a large portion of the LDS membership voices a much less tolerant view than you and your mother. In case you hadn't noticed, and it is clear that TR2 has, the LDS church, for the most part, has become an intolerant, anti-intellectual bastion of christian fundamentalists under another title. You pick the issue, and you will most likely find mormons in the same boat as other fundamentalists (gays, abortion, government, gun control, international politics, social policy... I could go on).

There was a time when there were voices in the leadership of the lds church that showed there was room for some disagreement and questioning. People like Hugh B. Brown, John A. Widsoe, James E. Talmage, Marion D. Hanks and others would extole the virtues of seeking truth with reason and a respect for scientific thinking. Those times are long gone. When was the last time you heard a GA say anything like, members of the church should think for themselves and make their own decisions about the truth. Rather you hear "Follow the prophet....he knows the way". "Some truth is not worth saying".

Cal,

I don't agree with it, but its not my right to judge others. If another church chooses to say its ok who cares, its not my church and they are still living the standards so why bother complaining, no body will fix it....The only thing I get out of it is to hear my family complain...yippeeeeee

Originally posted by Tr2@Jun 8 2004, 04:22 PM

Because for all your snide remarks you are the LEAST Christlike person I've seen in quite a while and I don't say that lightly

Yet it was you who began with the personal insults.

BTW, it's interesting how you use your dislike for me as an excuse for your rotten behavior.

ROFL...how old are you? lol!!! "he started it!! not UH!!! she did!!! LIAR!!! MOOOMMMMYYY!!!!"

I guess it's ok for you to call mormons "stupid" and completely insult our faith and beliefs, but if someone calls YOU an idiot, they're just rotten...

I only dislike you based on YOUR behavior...maybe if you tried to be nice to people instead of constantly starting fights and bringing turmoil into every thread I may find out who you really are and what you're really like...afterall, we DO agree on non-religioius points...you just always have to make an idiot out of yourself when it comes to the LDS faith...you can't leave it alone, you HAVE to let everyone know how WRONG the mormons are...so i'm sorry, i didn't "begin" anything...just responding to your negativism...

I guess it's ok for you to call mormons "stupid" and completely insult our faith and beliefs, but if someone calls YOU an idiot, they're just rotten...

I only dislike you based on YOUR behavior...maybe if you tried to be nice to people instead of constantly starting fights and bringing turmoil into every thread I may find out who you really are and what you're really like...afterall, we DO agree on non-religioius points...you just always have to make an idiot out of yourself when it comes to the LDS faith...you can't leave it alone, you HAVE to let everyone know how WRONG the mormons are...so i'm sorry, i didn't "begin" anything...just responding to your negativism...

I will quote myself,

it's interesting how you use your dislike for me as an excuse for your rotten behavior.

And I quote myself again,

I think that the cranky children need to take a time out.....and stop tormenting each other...it takes two to tangle here.

I would tell you to both take a pill and calm down....but one of you is pregnant so I can't advise that now can I ? :lol:

Originally posted by lindy9556@Jun 8 2004, 05:59 PM

I think that the cranky children need to take a time out.....and stop tormenting each other...it takes two to tangle here.

I would tell you to both take a pill and calm down....but one of you is pregnant so I can't advise that now can I ? :lol:

lol...he should know that i'm pregnant and stubborn and HAVE to have the last word...rofl..i just find it funny that he can be rude and arrogant and start contention wherever he wants, but as soon as someone points out his faults they're labeled as "rotten" lol!!

i just like to argue..like i said, i agree w/ him on non-religious views...

Originally posted by Faerie+Jun 8 2004, 05:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Faerie @ Jun 8 2004, 05:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--lindy9556@Jun 8 2004, 05:59 PM

I would tell you to both take a pill and calm down....but one of you is pregnant so I can't advise that  now can I ?   :lol:

lol...he should know that i'm pregnant and stubborn and HAVE to have the last word...rofl..i just find it funny that he can be rude and arrogant and start contention wherever he wants, but as soon as someone points out his faults they're labeled as "rotten" lol!!

Well Faerie...you remind me of one of my daughters.... She has to get that last word in or she will explode or something...LOL......

It drove me nuts for years...until I learned how to be an adult and just LET her get that last word in.... I think that the thought of having an exploding person near me was a pretty good deterent. :lol: But now, I understand your need..... carry on if you must :rolleyes: I'll watch the fun now.... I do like to be entertained :)

Guest curvette

LDS Article of Faith #11.

We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Faerie+Jun 8 2004, 05:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Faerie @ Jun 8 2004, 05:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--lindy9556@Jun 8 2004, 05:59 PM

I would tell you to both take a pill and calm down....but one of you is pregnant so I can't advise that  now can I ?  :lol:

Never tangle with a pregnant woman...LOL

TR...you should watch your peeees and qqqqqqqs....