Advice: Secondary Question

Snow

I know that ProudDuck has a big quandary trying to decide what to do with the rest of his life but I have a real situation on my hands. I am playing in a golf tournament on Monday in a 4-some that includes the CEO and the Chairman of the Board.

My problem: I am slicing something fierce, almost every shot especially with the woods and low irons; not a little, not a medium amount. No, rather there is a plethora of slice, a veritable cornucopia of slice in my shot.

Fortunately they will probably be tipsy by mid-afternoon, but what do I do till then?

Guest TheProudDuck

Originally posted by Snow@Jun 15 2004, 09:55 PM

I know that ProudDuck has a big quandary trying to decide what to do with the rest of his life but I have a real situation on my hands. I am playing in a golf tournament on Monday in a 4-some that includes the CEO and the Chairman of the Board.

My problem: I am slicing something fierce, almost every shot especially with the woods and low irons; not a little, not a medium amount. No, rather there is a plethora of slice, a veritable cornucopia of slice in my shot.

Fortunately they will probably be tipsy by mid-afternoon, but what do I do till then?

Try this (assuming you're serious and I'm not missing the joke):

Stand in your stance without your club. Practice swinging your left arm back and forth. When you start the swing, have your palm facing your body, kind of like your left arm is doing its half of the Amigo Salute. Finish the swing with your palm facing away from your body. Your palm should shift from facing towards to facing away your body at the midpoint of the swing, about the time it passes the center of your chest.

You might also try switching to a baseball grip. When I combined those two things, I went from having a David Horowitz slice to a Arianna Huffington hook. (Get it? Changing from a hard turn to the right to a hard turn to the left... oh, never mind.)

If all else fails, just aim 45 degrees to the left of whatever you're aiming at. And bring extra beer for your foursome partners.

Yep, I am serious, so thanks for the tip. I may get over to the driving range after dinner or maybe tomorrow and try it out. Today my OB-GYN told me how to place the weight in my stance so I'll work on that too.

As for your issue, I can empathize. Huntington Beach is not Newport but 3 bedroom nothing houses are going for 500k plus in my neighborhood. Finally my wife is thinking about moving. Good luck.

Guest TheProudDuck

Originally posted by Snow@Jun 16 2004, 07:34 PM

Hmmm,

Well I just went and hit 50 balls at Meadowlark (it's right behind our chapel) and that seemed to help quite a bit. I even hooked a couple for Ariana.

Hmm ... maybe I should just bag the whole law thing and start a new career as a golf coach ...

I'm late to give advice but I'll give it anyway. Assuming you use the traditional grip and are right handed, simply roll your right hand to the left about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch. I never slice when I make that simple adjustment. I still have to watch the swing closely to avoid the hook but the hooks are much less sever than were the slices.