Why age limits?

Moksha

Age divisions on this Earth are arbitrary. Aren't we all Eternal Beings? If so, then why does age matter so much?

Having said that, I am trying (as I struggle to find a way to repent and return to the Church) to obey whatever our leaders tell us to do. So, I attend meetings for us "older" people.

Just for information: From The Case Against Adolescence by Robert Epstein: "...Mary Onesi...and her husband of just over eighty years were interviewed by the Associated Press in 1998. They had been honored on World Marriage Day in 1995 as the longest-married couple in America.... She married her husband Paul in 1917 when he was twenty-one and she was thirteen. By all accounts their marriage was happy and successful, and it was certainly prolific."

Edited by Kinkade
quotation marks did not come out well

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked the same question in our priesthood meeting when we were discussing about the relativly small size of our branch. Everyone pretty much responded that it keeps conversations and helps everyone by relateing to our age. Like for example.. Problems that a 20 year old is going to be much different then someone who is 50. And I also thinks it makes it much easier to bond with our other members because I find it easier to talk to someone my own age then talking to older members many of the times.

I asked the same question in our priesthood meeting when we were discussing about the relativly small size of our branch. Everyone pretty much responded that it keeps conversations and helps everyone by relateing to our age. Like for example.. Problems that a 20 year old is going to be much different then someone who is 50. And I also thinks it makes it much easier to bond with our other members because I find it easier to talk to someone my own age then talking to older members many of the times.

Not entirely sure this is accurate. You focus on problems but what about interests? I have several female friends in their early 20s and one of my best friends is about 27. The 27 year old as well as one of the younger ones know my wife and there is no "appearances of evil" taking place but the 27 year old has on many, many occasions mentioned that we work extremely well together and have a great time together and the other has mentioned many times being on the same "wavelenth". Now I am nearly twice their age but in relations to common interests, favorite passtimes as well as outlook on life there is no division due to age.

I will note that none of these women are LDS. And in a normal LDS social network there is little liklihood we would have met one another. I can imagine that if I were single and LDS (and had the social network I do today) I would consider dating any number of twenty-something friends I have. So here is where I see the absolute definciency of the current social system set up for LDS people. There MUST be plenty of single LDS men and women who would prefer to meet LDS people for dating and eventual marriage but are divided by arbitrary age limits and wind up dating and marrying people who are non-LDS and also fall into different age categories since people often meet in places like work for instance.

If we got rid of the current system and some 20-something did not want to get to know people older then fine, nobody would be forcing anyone into relationships. Yet there are plenty of people with age differences who can and would hit it off and get married and since it happens in the real world why is it so bad if it happens in the LDS world?

• 5 years later...
Guest WhogfeeseeSer
Hidden

moviles libres y telefonos smartphonecomparativa moviles

moviles baratos para todostelefonos baratos

Como los anunciantes, debe entender los smartphones de los consumidores y el uso de las tabletas y debe lanzar sus anuncios en consecuencia

Ofrece una mejora con respecto a i anterior - Modelos de teléfonos de varias maneras, pero quizás lo más notable es la pantalla de alta resolución, y la adición de la cara - Tiempo para videollamadas

Las teclas de los teléfonos inteligentes están espaciados de una manera diferente, por lo que inicialmente puede ser que sea difícil utilizarlos

, El Samsung Galaxy S tiene algunas características impresionantes en serio a su disposición

Procesador de 2 GHz ARM Cortex A-9 3 "pantalla táctil Super AMOLED Plus Android 2

Para los desarrolladores web, SEO y SEM profesionales que buscan aumentar el tráfico, una forma es para atender a su audiencia móvil

Con su excelente velocidad y magníficos efectos visuales, 3G ha hecho un lugar importante en el pliego de peticiones y por lo tanto la compatibilidad 3G se ha convertido en una necesidad para los teléfonos inteligentes

También está equipado con soporte para Flash y se lanzará con Android 2

Pero el punto es que la tecnología del teléfono es una parte enorme de nuestras vidas, y está en constante cambio

Además de estos, los teléfonos inteligentes que también permite a la persona para compartir sus videos y fotos con otros también

Con la globalización y la mayor afluencia, un número creciente de residentes indios viajan al extranjero (especialmente Singapur y otros países asiáticos) para los negocios y el ocio

2, pero que debe de esperar se actualizan a Gingerbread en cualquier momento ahora

De hecho así lo desea tan mal, pero que te preguntes qué plan de telefonía celular ilimitado sería lo mejor para su smartphone

El teléfono ofrece funciones de explorador en forma de WAP 2

Pantalla capacitiva multi touch de 2 pulgadas y cámara de 5 megapíxeles

telefonos moviles