Tim Russert

Palerider

I loved watching him. He was ONE person that I felt really knew his stuff. I will truly miss seeing him on tv. I thought he was an awesome individual and an awesome journalist.

I am very happy to see how the media is honoring him....gonna miss that guy.

I think the news media is truly grieving for Russert. It must have been a horrible shock for those who were there.

I came to have mixed feelings about Russert over the past few years. But I can comment on that later.

Has anyone read his book about his father? I think tomorrow is going to be utterly unbearable for him.

By the way Pale, I did not know he was a Democrat. :)

Elphaba

Posted Image

"I’m someone who grew up taught by the Sisters of Mercy and the Jesuits. And both those nuns and those priests taught me, and taught us, my classmates, how to pray--that it simply wasn't the recitation of memorized prayer but meditation and contemplation.

The situation you're talking about is when my wife was in labor for a long time, I walked out of the hospital and walked around the corner and there was a church. And actually, it was a shrine to Saint Elizabeth who is the mother of Mary, the mother of God, which is more than ironic and important.

And so I, constantly, realize it's a long road, it's a long journey, and we can't get there alone. And so I'm very open and find it quite necessary to ask for help and assistance and inspiration. And that comes in a very powerful way in the form of prayer," - Tim Russert

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elphaba