Abortion

Traveler

Originally posted by DisRuptive1@Jul 19 2004, 03:04 PM

The country is not run by the church, so it doesn't matter what the church believes is and isn't murder, and it doesn't matter what the church believes about abortion.

This doesn't matter. I'm not a member of the church - of ANY church at the present time. If I was an atheist, I would still think it's barbaric and disgusting!

Amen shan, I just recently got some info on pro-life stuff in my area. I do not agree with protest, I prefer to do things administratively, but will definately be getting into the thick of it.

Ironically enough shan I just got done reading the subheading about atheism in "Articles of Faith"...your statement really backs up what he had to say.

Originally posted by porterrockwell@Jul 20 2004, 02:30 PM

Amen shan, I just recently got some info on pro-life stuff in my area. I do not agree with protest, I prefer to do things administratively, but will definately be getting into the thick of it.

Ironically enough shan I just got done reading the subheading about atheism in "Articles of Faith"...your statement really backs up what he had to say.

For the record, I'm not atheist... not that it matters to any of you. But I know several awesome people who are.

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Nina@Jul 20 2004, 03:20 PM

I think that it is interesting that women have been prosecuted for doing drugs while pregnant (because it will hurt the fetus)yet on the other hand these same women would be allowed to abort their babies. hmmmm.

Isn't it ironic? How do they justify the double standard? Maybe society feels that when a woman drinks alcohol or does drugs that they are also burdening society with a person who will most likely drain the system (damaged goods, I guess.) Something in our legal system has to change, but who knows what or when..

Aborting the baby and poisoning it are two seperate issues. Aborting automatically destroys it. Poisoning it might not always destroy it and a child could end up being born that will suck up tax dollars going through an adult continuing education system (because anybody that drinks and does drugs while pregnant and fails to seek doctor assistance, probably isn't rich enough to afford to pay for continuing education for the defective child). A dead baby and menses are a lot cheaper than a defective child. More like sound finances rather than a double standard.

Guest curvette

Originally posted by DisRuptive1@Jul 20 2004, 10:40 PM

More like sound finances rather than a double standard.

The issues have become a lot more complex than that though. For example, California amended its homicide statute to include the killing of a fetus by a third party. So, it's okay for mom to kill the fetus, but not anyone else. Mom can decide to terminate the pregnancy, but dad has no say in the matter. It's very intricate and I can see why it's a hard issue to legislate.