• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is just misguided to seek after sociological explanations why the priesthood was withheld from men of African descent. The fact is that we don't really know in detail why. It was also withheld from men of Arabic descent. Some of them after converting and even serving missions had to wait to receive their priesthood and endowment till that time.

I think of very little value to try and revise history with no real purpose and perhaps less than noble intent. The priesthood is the Lord's and He called his children to it from before the foundation of the world. and they will hold it in this life or the next for it has been appointed to them. We should not spend much time explaining to those with no real intent to learn and understand.

I am Roman Catholic. The official position of my church and many other Christian churches is that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is not a Christian Church as they differ on their understanding of Father-Son-and Holy Ghost. /QUOTE] ABQFriend, I'm sorry but as an outsider looking in and not a christian I laugh out loud whenever I hear one of you "Christians" say Mormons aren't Christians. "They differ on their understanding of Father-Son-and Holy Ghost" Ha ha ha ho ho ho ha ha ha... I'm rolling on the floor. Do you know how ridiculous you sound? All you christian churches believe in different things. Last time I checked the Mormons believe that Jesus was the son of god and their savior. Last time I checked the Mormons believe he died for them and they can only be saved because of him. They sound like they believe in Jesus to me. Isn't that really what a "Christian" is? If there really is a Jesus and a next life he is going to be PO'd at you hypocrites. Better repent.

Hi-Don't get personal! If you have read my other posts elsewhere on this board-you know very well that I consider LDS members as Christians. The Official teaching of my Church and many other churches-says that the LDS Church is not a Christian Church. I happen to disagree with the understanding of my Church.

My Church calls the LDS Church- heritical- and the LDS Church calls Catholics and others as -Apostates-

perhaps it would be better if we got past our official churches understandings and saught personal understanding-that we stopped throwing stones at each other and show some Christian love and understanding

-Carol

I am Roman Catholic. The official position of my church and many other Christian churches is that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is not a Christian Church as they differ on their understanding of Father-Son-and Holy Ghost. /QUOTE] ABQFriend, I'm sorry but as an outsider looking in and not a christian I laugh out loud whenever I hear one of you "Christians" say Mormons aren't Christians. "They differ on their understanding of Father-Son-and Holy Ghost" Ha ha ha ho ho ho ha ha ha... I'm rolling on the floor. Do you know how ridiculous you sound? All you christian churches believe in different things. Last time I checked the Mormons believe that Jesus was the son of god and their savior. Last time I checked the Mormons believe he died for them and they can only be saved because of him. They sound like they believe in Jesus to me. Isn't that really what a "Christian" is? If there really is a Jesus and a next life he is going to be PO'd at you hypocrites. Better repent.

NY,

I researched the blacks and the priesthood thing once. Did you know Joseph Smith ordained some black members with the priesthood long ago? There was never a revelation banning blacks from the priesthood. I believe that the white leaders lived in a racist time where there was still slavery, and many people believed that black people were cursed by Cain and so were not worthy of the priesthood. So I think it was a cultural belief. Then when Pres Kimball prayed about whether blacks should have the priesthood, the answer was a big yes!

As a member of the church my entire life, I think most church members don't know much about this topic. But it used to really bug me. So now I believe that God never banned blacks from the priesthood, but the church leaders did because of misinterpretation of the scriptures, and then when they prayed, they got the truth.

I would have to say that for a christian, you sound wise.

CTR

Hi CatchTheRedeye,

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! A Christian sounding WISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GO ALL YOU WISE SOUNDING CHRISTIANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless and thanks for the ENORMOUS compliment.

Carl

to join the LDS church thanks to eveyone on this board for your help. Islander thanks brother. I am moving into a new place and I don't have internet there but I will check on this site from time to time.

Take care my brother and hope to hear from you soon. Continue to search and to learn as to keep the spirit that has prompted you to seek after the things of God.

Keep us posted.