Well, we have different opinions. And we're all entitled to our own opinions. It's a message came from President Dallin Oaks. In our country we have so much cultures and traditions and one of Pres. Dallin Oaks message to us is about this topic "Gospel Culture". I myself believe that some of our cultures is not helping us to progress. I can say that its true we have to change good to better.

Hi pretty in pink, would you mind posting the quote or where we can find it? i think your question was a little misunderstood (or maybe i misread responses?) from what i gather you are talking about your personal cultural traditions, how would that compare to our american cultural traditions or other cultural traditions? looks like i have something to think about at work today:lol:

Getting back to the whole facial hair thing, I once had an EQ Pres. that had a full beard. He commented that he told the Stake President that the only time he was gonna shave it off was if they added it as a requirement to be clean shaven to obtain a temple recommend.

I have heard of Stake Presidents challenging their members to not have facial hair which to me is hilarious. Something as trivial as facial hair shouldn't be a sign of whether or not you are faithful. That is just our lovely LDS "culture" rearing its ugly head. I think some people think I have a beard cause I wanna be rebelious. Pahlease. I simply look fabulous with a beard.

I've had a beard so long that if I did take it off no one would know who I was... :cool:

Got some really funny looks in the Salt Lake temple once. Couldn't work out why this one guy kept looking at me. A couple of days later our hosts worked out that it was probably the beard that confused him. :eek:

I used to wear my beard to be rebellious, now I wear it because it's me...

FF

Got some really funny looks in the Salt Lake temple once. Couldn't work out why this one guy kept looking at me. A couple of days later our hosts worked out that it was probably the beard that confused him. :eek:

FF

Perhaps he noticed a resemblance to LDS leaders who presided before hairlessness came into fashion.

Hi pretty in pink, would you mind posting the quote or where we can find it? i think your question was a little misunderstood (or maybe i misread responses?) from what i gather you are talking about your personal cultural traditions, how would that compare to our american cultural traditions or other cultural traditions? looks like i have something to think about at work today:lol:

Here is the link: LDS.org - Ensign Article - Repentance and Change