The Response Comes First

MarginOfError

Here's a new game to challenge our wit and skill. Instead of writing a response to the previous post, you must write the post to which the previous post is the response. In this manner, we want to build a conversation in reverse. Good luck to us all.

My department just moved into a new building, and the cubicles are about 3 feet narrower than the ones we had before. I'm starting to feel pretty cramped.

are we supposed to actually build a conversation or just a bunch of responses and questions?......lol i guess i can give it a go...

what bug crawled up your shorts?

nope. i found that one on isle 3 and that one....well he just kinda showed up, not sure where he came from.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear. The idea is for us to reverse engineer a thread. So now I'll take your last sentence, and I have to make up the post that inspired you to say what you did. Ideally, if you started at the end of the thread and read to the beginning, you would have a coherent thread. For example:

nope. i found that one on isle 3 and that one....well he just kinda showed up, not sure where he came from.

I found adoption to be surprisingly friendly through the Smiling Time Adoption Agency. Is that who you used to adopt your kids?

Those traps where they are supposed to pick up the poison and carry it to the nest are a joke. I see the nasty little things jittering before they get 3 feet away, and then they die. It seems anything I try doesn't work. I'm getting kind of desperate.

Okay...just trying to make sure I have this. I cannot respond to this because I wrote the post just previous to yours. I need to wait until there is another post, is that right?

Elphie

(yeah, you're doing it right, but we seem to be going off on two very different tangents. I'm going to declare the baby tangent the keeper, cause bugs creep me out)

If you're having trouble having a baby, maybe you just don't have enough faith. (cause yeah, that has everything to do with it).

If you're having trouble having a baby, maybe you just don't have enough faith. (cause yeah, that has everything to do with it).

I've prayed and prayed, but God will not send me a baby with special needs. I know I'm worthy enough, and that I'd be a wonderful mother to one. And I know how blessed it is to take care of one of God's less fortunate vessels.

But my faith is up to it. Why isn't God coming through?

No No, she did just fine! Just respond to the last post...or I guess it's inspire the earliest response isn't it? AH! It's so convoluted.

I want a baby I want a baby I want a baby! It's so hard to go to Church with all my pregnant friends and they sneer at me for not having one. I'm sick of being a substandard member of the Church!

Oh wah!

You are such a baby! But, you apparently forgot that you cannot have babies becaise you don't have the baby-making uterus. Unless, of course, you've been to a plastic surgeon.

Additionally, you're only substandard if you choose to be. So knock it off and go adopt a baby gorilla from the Congo! It should teach everyone tolerance, don't a think?

Edit: I think I just did this backwards. MY BRAIN HURTS!

Edited by Elphaba
RATS! I think I just did this backwards. AAaarrrghghgh!

It's just so unfair! My wife treats me like dirt! She never lets me share in the meaningful stuff in our life. She never lets me choose who our friends will be. She won't even let me be pregnant or give birth!

YOu know MOE, you seem very down and depressed. Are things okay at home?

How is the wife treating you? Are you fulfilled and spiritually in tune? I think it is so important you be the head of this family.

BTW, have the Relief Society sisters been by yet?

(Intervention) Oh Sister MOE, we've brought you here today because we love you so.

We've noticed you don't have any children yet. You do know you're highest calling is to be a mother, but perhaps you forgot.

Aren't you glad we love you so much we decided to pounce you about this point?

(Stupid, but someone actually did this to me a couple years ago!)

YOu know MOE, you seem very down and depressed. Are things okay at home?

How is the wife treating you? Are you fulfilled and spiritually in tune? I think it is so important you be the head of this family.

BTW, have the Relief Society sisters been by yet?

I have called your reliefee pres and let her know you moved into the ward. She sounded a little confused and I could hear dogs fighting in the background.

But I bet the ward stops by with cookies any day! :)