The Response Comes First

MarginOfError

I sure hated to see the Smith family move to Tibet, we were such good friends. We used to have such great fun taking the kids to Lagoon and to the park. Joe wasn't real active, but Mary was so helpful when it came to helping others. I sure hope someone nice moves into their house. It has been on the market for 3 weeks and still hasn't sold. She never did pay me back the $10 she borrowed when we were shopping; but so what, she was a nice friend. I will always think she could have married someone who would have treated her better than Joe. He was one of those guys that seem like they undress you with their eyes, everytime they look at you. I always hated to be around him.

Edited by lilered

I used to have this great friend named Mary. But one day she up and disappeared! I called the police, but when I showed them her picture, they just laughed! They laughed! One of them said “Not her again.” I just pretended I had mixed up my missing friends, (this makes 5), giggled, and got out of there as fast as I could.

It turns out my best friend is really a CIA agent who’s been living here in Tooele for the last three years in an identity-protection program. You see, she worked for the Bush administration, but when she tried to tell him he was an obtuse, half-cocked cowboy who couldn't pronounce "nuclear," he outed her!

And here all this time I thought she‘d chosen to live in my beloved Tooele. Most people get to the border, do a U-ee, and never come back.

But Mary did a U-ee, and came back. She and Joe hit it off right away, but me, I was her soul mate.

Hmm…you know..it is strange though. Hunky hubby told me he was going on a business trip, but was due back a week ago. I didn’t think anything of it--after all, he’s been gone for a year at a time without even saying goodbye, but he always came crawling back. Well, now! They didn’t! They couldn’t have! OH NO! NOT MY JOE!

I guess I wasn’t the one who was her soul mate after all. Dumb bedroom eyes.

I am so going to miss that guy. We'd play this fun game where Joe ended up with his pants down and I was ten bucks richer!

I did get a cryptic post card from someone the other day, and I think it was them. Either they’ve gone to Tibet to visit the Dalai Lama, or they're in Taiwan in a production of Hello Dolly. Man, I hope it rains on their parade! Oops..wrong show.

Sigh. Now that Joe’s gone, I have to move. And I’m going to have to sneak out in the middle of the night so I don’t have to pay my obnoxious neighbor the ten bucks I owe her. I borrowed it so Joe and I could play with our pants down.

I’ll also have to borrow my sister’s kids for a cover, and call myself Mary. The's a ring of poetry to that, dontcha think? I'm also going to have to hit the Canyon Inn, because I need a Joe-look-alike, and you know how around 2 am they all look alike.

After all, I don’t want anyone to know I’m a CIA agent too! So, fake hubby, fake kids, fake name, fake moustache, fake driver's license, fake Puerto Rico birth certificate, and fake boobs, check check check check and check.

Guess I’ll move us all to Magna. Who would ever think to look for me there?

Edited by Elphaba

I am so hungry. I need to buy some lunch. The cafeteria here makes an incredible lasagna, and I like to eat it with some of the garlic bread, a little bowl of soup, and a tall glass of lemonade. I know, lemonade and lasagna aren't the most traditional of combinations, but I'm a sucker for lemonade. I could also go to the Subway and get a couple of footlong subs I guess. It's always been my dream to look like Jared. But that still takes some money. Does anyone know where I could get a quick ten dollars?

Edited by MarginOfError

Well, I finally had that ten dollars for two footlongs from Jared's, and I was contemplating their meatbally goodness at 2 AM at the Canyon Inn, when in walks this tall blonde named "Mary". For some reason she kept calling me Joe and wanting to borrow ten buck. I thought, "What the heck"! Might as well blow it on something more immediately gratifying. Woooeee. So anyway we head back to her new place in Magna. That blonde sure was into some games alright, just like those Tooele gals!