Again, the phrase 'I AM' has allot of pre-world and pre-spirit connotation.

Getting back to the phrase 'I AM', Elder Bruce R. McConkie stated:

Jehovah Is the Great I Am

Out of the bush that burned and was not consumed, God spoke unto Moses, identifying himself as "the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob," and commanded him to deliver Israel from her Egyptian bondage. "When I come unto the children of Israel," Moses said, "and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?" Then the Eternal One, the Great Jehovah, he who has neither beginning of days nor end of years, replied: I AM THAT I AM. . . . Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you." Lest there be any misunderstanding, and to reassure Israel that the Everlasting God, whose course is one eternal round, who is "from everlasting to everlasting" (Ps. 90:2), was in fact the same God who had appeared to Abraham their father, he also said: "Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations." (Ex. 3:2-15.)

In his mortal ministry, our Lord announced to the Jews that he was the Great I AM. When they refused to countenance this claim, as we shall set forth more fully under the heading "Jehovah's Birth, Death, and Resurrection Revealed to Abraham," he responded, "Before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:57-58.) That is: 'Before Abraham, was I AM; before Abraham, was I Jehovah; before Abraham, was I the Eternal One, for I am the Everlasting God.' And in our day, to Joseph, his prophet, the same unchanging Being said: "Hearken and listen to the voice of him who is from all eternity to all eternity, the Great I AM, even Jesus Christ." (D&C 39:1.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was discussing my 14-year old daughter, who's heart is pure, what can cause split mental personalities. From what she told me, I was completely floored, noting her answer is something that mental health professional should rethink there own admission of the cause.

It again goes back to the controlling 'I AM' [plural sense] within our own brain, at times, seeking to take control of which is our domain. What she finally concluded after a lengthy conservation, we are sentient beings who need to be in control our own physical bodies at all times. Strange part as she eluded too a different view of control of the human body, that within the brain, there is a controlling source which passes commands to other portion of the brain and tells the body to act upon it. Sounds familiar with our own GOD, who commands others to carrier out HIS WILL.

When I view this universe and seeing life from outside looking in, is there one voice I do hear or a consensus voices who are unified with the one in-charge?