Has Anyone Heard Of The Born-again Mormon Group?

Guest Mary

My neice from SLC warned me about a group of Mormons calling themselves Bammers or Born Again Mormons who are secretly infiltrating the Church in disguise? I got on this website to see if I could find news of this. Anyone?

Originally posted by Mary@Jan 30 2004, 06:10 PM

Well it seems the born-again christians are always out to get LDS so it concerns me a little.

This IS disturbing news... and we should ALL be concerned of "Wolves in Sheep’s Clothing." :ph34r:

Heh, what is disturbing about people who think that we need to be born again through Christ? Should we run and hide from such people? Should we avoid the opportunity to share what we know about the gospel? Should we lock the doors against such people, possibly because we already have too many other people to share the gospel with? What is it exactly that we should be concerned about?

signed,

Anxiously Awaiting An Answer

Guest Taoist_Saint
Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Jan 30 2004, 05:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strawberry Fields @ Jan 30 2004, 05:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mary@Jan 30 2004, 06:10 PM

Well it seems the born-again christians are always out to get LDS so it concerns me a little.

This IS disturbing news... and we should ALL be concerned of "Wolves in Sheep’s Clothing." :ph34r:

I assumed that these Bammers were actual Mormons with a few different ideas about their relationship with God.

But now it sounds like they are actual Born Again Christians trying to stir up trouble by pretending to by LDS.

Which is it?

Originally posted by Ray@Jan 30 2004, 06:23 PM

Heh, what is disturbing about people who think that we need to be born again through Christ? Should we run and hide from such people? Should we avoid the opportunity to share what we know about the gospel? Should we lock the doors against such people, possibly because we already have too many other people to share the gospel with? What is it exactly that we should be concerned about?

signed,

Anxiously Awaiting An Answer

I believe that we should be concerned about people calling them selves Born Again Mormons who are secretly infiltrating the church in disguise sounds like "Wolves in Sheep’s Clothing" to me. ;)

Guest Taoist_Saint

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Jan 30 2004, 05:35 PM

I believe that we should be concerned about people calling them selves Born Again Mormons who are secretly infiltrating the church in disguise sounds like "Wolves in Sheep’s Clothing" to me. ;)

Oh, I missed the part about the disguises.

Guest Starsky

LOL...are you all crazy???

Being born again Mormons...and I know of a site especially for them to share their experiences and frustrations as social mormons...are perfectly normal....

How could they be in disguise???LOL IF they are coming in and telling everyone they are born again...then what are they hiding? Nothing!

Good grief...don't you recognize a ploy against born again saints when you see it?

If anything this warning is coming from social mormons who are threatened by those who have actually had a born again experience.

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Jan 30 2004, 06:05 PM

Hey Peace have you also heard of the "group" that are going into the temples on a false recommend?

Nevermind....

I have a temple recommend and could go to the temple if I wanted. :)

Originally posted by bat+Jan 30 2004, 07:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bat @ Jan 30 2004, 07:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Strawberry Fields@Jan 30 2004, 06:05 PM

Hey Peace have you also heard of the "group" that are going into the temples on a false recommend?

Nevermind....

I have a temple recommend and could go to the temple if I wanted. :)

I know you DO Bat. B)

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint@Jan 30 2004, 05:03 PM

And what harm could they possibly do, if this were true?

Thank you Tao.... What harm would a "born again" of any faith do If they were true followers of Christ?

I will remind the board that I was "born again" a long time before I converted to the LDS church. To be BORN AGAIN is saying that you have turned your life over to Jesus Christ and have accepted Him as your Savior. I joined the church many years later....I will never shed the label of being "born again", I only added "mormon" into that title...

So I am what you would call a Born Again Mormon as "Mary" put it...a label thrown at me a short time ago...and a label I am proud to wear :D

I don't mean to be rude but what right do we have to judge anyone based on the title they use? "Born again Mormon","LDS",... I mean come on,this sounds like some silly "telephone" game like we played in grade school. Who cares if someone challenges a faith when that is done and they are proved wrong doesn't that build UP the basis of the church not tear it down? You walk in New York and go to 42nd street,you see a hooker,is she a bad person because she's a hooker? Maybe she's trying to survive and doing what she knows. Maybe these groups preach what they know. Think about it,if faith isn't challenged than you can't grow in it. I say bring on every religion,learn the facts and in that plant a seed that just might grow instead of running away from someone who is different or in a different "group" such as these Born Again Mormons. So come on,let's chill and see how it plays out.

Moonshine.

Guest CharmlessMan

I think the point is that these people are coming into the church to undermine it. I don't see how they could but still I think that is the point the original poster was trying to make. It would be different if they were simply going to their own church to preach this but to go to someone else's place of worship to undermine it is rather rude.

To use your analogy Halley - We aren't saying we want to stop the hooker hooking in New York to support her drug habit. We are just saying we don't really want her coming into our church to get us strung up on some smack and see if we would start working the streets with her. Believe me, it isn't as much fun as it sounds.

CharmlessMan

This is their mission statement (as copied directly from their website:

This site is a support product for the book, Born-Again Mormon, and our Ministry which falls under the same title. Born-Again Mormon Ministries is dedicated to bringing Latter-day Saints to the Lord Jesus Christ through spiritual rebirth, which is a gift of God given through faith on His Son. We believe that the doctrinal LDS Church is in error but that the physical organization remains beneficial. WE ARE NOT OUT TO DESTROY THE PHYSICAL CHURCH OR ORGANIZATION BUT ARE INSTEAD OUT TO CONFRONT AND DESTROY ERRONEOUS ALL LDS DOCTRINE ORIGINATING FROM MAN.

(emphasis not mine (well, color mine, caps not))

I say it is an anti site, and am going to delete the link.

I was just jumping around different sites and found this one: http://www.whyprophets.com/index.htm

I think it is a great site for those who have any questions, more along the lines of FAQ's from Born Again Christians aimed at Mormons....

I found it in very good taste, from a lds standpoint in which it is written.

Originally posted by CharmlessMan@Jan 31 2004, 12:52 AM

To use your analogy Halley - We aren't saying we want to stop the hooker hooking in New York to support her drug habit. We are just saying we don't really want her coming into our church to get us strung up on some smack and see if we would start working the streets with her.

Or maybe with her coming in there instead of her being a bad example maybe you'd be a better one. If someone never feels excepted they will go the first place anyone "pretends" to care whether it's the streets or a church. Maybe these born agains will rub off on peeps or better yet maybe the church will rub off on the or amazingly enough maybe they will coexist and act semi normal and help eachother.

Halley