Out from Deseret: The Great and Terrible, Vol. 6: Clear As the Moon

Hemidakota

The Exciting Conclusion to the Epic Last Days Series.

The unscrupulous leaders who have banded together to toss out the Constitution and divide the ruling of the world between themselves have all but achieved their objective. But they haven't factored in one thing. They haven't considered the chance, however slight, that good people remain who will continue standing up for what they believe in. The thrilling conclusion will keep you riveted to the very end!

More Here >Posted Image

Really cool. I enjoy the series.

It is sad, however, that we (LDS readership) have decreased the number of books we read per year. Electronic entretainment have replaced reading at an alarming rate. On a recent conversation with the owner of Ensign Books, he reported that the best selling authors in the LDS market can expect to sell 20-30,000 books over a 3 year period. that is10% of what an average writer would hope to sell. I understand that the market is small but with 2 million active families in the US I would hope to see 6 books per family per year.

Woo-hoo! I've got one more to go before I get to Clear As The Moon. Glad to hear that it's coming out, and glad to hear it'll wrap things up. I assume with the arrival of the Savior and the ushering in of the Millenium.

he reported that the best selling authors in the LDS market can expect to sell 20-30,000 books over a 3 year period. that is 10% of what an average writer would hope to sell.

Logic would demand we at least consider alternative explanations:

* Maybe some of the "best selling authors in the LDS market" just write books nobody wants to read.

* Maybe the average LDS reader reads two dozen books a year, just almost nothing from LDS authors.

* Maybe LDS readers buy used books or get stuff from the library.

I certainly fall into the third camp. I almost never buy new books, I use the library, or will buy from amazon used sellers, and sell the book back when I'm done.

LM

Edited by Loudmouth_Mormon