Gay and Lesbian Unions

wokie

I don't have time to read through this entire thread, but I'll say this:

As a Christian I really want to thank the Mormons who support Proposition 8 in California. I've heard the homosexual community has risen up against you and shown extreme intolerance for your right to disagree and work for what you believe through Constitutional means.

Dr. James Dobson with Focus on the Family aired a program on Proposition 8 and the homosexual backlash. He specifically said that the Mormons deserve our respect for standing strong in the face of intense opposition.

All I can say is that I hope we all can keep our vision clear when it comes to this issue. Every manipulative tactic under the sun is being used to try and convince people that homosexuality is normal. I know a former homosexual who now works to help homosexuals think straight. He says that homosexuality is a sexual addiction.

Read here about a prominent ex-homosexual who left the lifestyle:

'Gay'-rights leader quits homosexuality

Anyway, I highly recommend David Kupelian's book The Marketing of Evil to people who want to better understand what is going on in the homosexual movement today. They need our compassion, but it is wrong for them to expect people to accept their sinful lifestyle.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I have a sister who is a lesbian and love my sister to death, I cannot condone her lifestyle. However it is a choice and she was free to make it. The consequences of her actions are hers as well.

I simply disagree with being forced to give someone extra rights because they chose to live outside of the norm and now want recognition for their choices.

I cannot understand why a gay man would want a "marriage" there is no monogamy among gay men. Men are simply not wired that way. I hate to say it but monogamy even in a hetero couple is not "natural". It goes against our very nature to be with one mate. But that is where the natural man is an enemy to God and by obeying his commandments we are forcing our natural man to rise to a higher level.

I can understand a monogamous relationship among lesbian women, as for women monogamy is quite "natural" a woman wants to be in a lasting, caring relationship, which is not always about procreation.

Having known several gay/lesbian people and having a sister who is lesbian, I know that from conversations with them, that they know on some level that what they are doing is wrong. If they are honest with themselves they also will tell you that they are not happy. They are living in one of the most high-risk lifestyles imaginable and know that by choosing their lifestyle that they are engaging in a type of Russian roulette.

There is somethings that we can do to help them.

1. DO NOT JUDGE - We all make choices everyday which are either sins of omission or commission.

2. Reach out and befriend them, we can and should "love the man, not the sin"

3. Help them realize that through the Atonement, this weakness of selfishness which as identified by Elder Boyd K. Packer is the root cause of homosexual behavior, can be turned around and they can be happy again.