Happy Thanksgiving!

Over43

Happy Thanksgiving from the Midwest........while I was serving my mission in England we were asked to come up to the Church on Thanksgiving evening around 6pm. As you all know they do not celebrate the holiday there. The members in the ward got together and made a Thanksgiving Dinner for all 6 of us missionaries in the area. I remember walking in and the members standing there with smiles on their faces as we stood there in amazement. It brought tears to my eyes. I will never forget that.

Pale, did they have a turkey or some type of unnamed meat to eat? It was the thought for sure.

One year when we were working on a small branch of the church for the Hmong people. These are the people from the mountains of Laos who fought along side the US during Vietnam War. We gave a bunch of the sisters turkeys to prepare for the branch dinner and a few of us fixed turkeys as well. When we got to the church we had nice prepared Thanksgiving Day turkeys all golden brown. The Hmong sisters had cut up the turkeys and stewed the pieces of meat, leaving nothing to waste. It was very interesting to say the least but they ate it all up.

Ben Raines

Pale, did they have a turkey or some type of unnamed meat to eat? It was the thought for sure.

One year when we were working on a small branch of the church for the Hmong people. These are the people from the mountains of Laos who fought along side the US during Vietnam War. We gave a bunch of the sisters turkeys to prepare for the branch dinner and a few of us fixed turkeys as well. When we got to the church we had nice prepared Thanksgiving Day turkeys all golden brown. The Hmong sisters had cut up the turkeys and stewed the pieces of meat, leaving nothing to waste. It was very interesting to say the least but they ate it all up.

Ben Raines

it was turkey and dressing and all the food that comes with it....:D