Christmas caroling

Iggy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This question just popped into my head, and excuse me for going off topic, but do the greeters at Walmart have to take classes before they are allowed to clean the baskets and line them up for the next customer? Does it take much specialized training to run the scan gun they use to deactivate the anti-theft strips that the cashier forgot to do? Sorry for interrupting, Iggy, but it just came to me and bugged me for a minute.

:lol: John, I don't know. The only test I know of that the greeters have to take is the mirror test. A mirror is held up under their nose to see if they are breathing. I am beginning to think that is the only test for any of the WalMart workers!!!

:backtotopic:

Could you find out? Cause I think my dad would be perfect for the job. He's only 82. He just wouldn't be able to sit in a class with some snot-nosed 32 year-old associate junior manager of the boy's clothing department telling him what to do. He'd probably strangle the punk with his ID lanyard after about an hour. So, if there is some way he could bypass the class on how to ignore customers standing next to you saying 'excuse me, can I get some help?' that would be great.

:bouncing: If he does get hired on and he does do that can you please take a video of it and post it on youtube?? No, sell it on Ebay- Oh, so funny.

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Said the night wind to the little lamb,

do you see what I see

Way up in the sky, little lamb,

do you see what I see

A star, a star, dancing in the night

With a tail as big as a kite

With a tail as big as a kite

I heard the bells on Christmas day, their old familiar carols play, - - -

Iggy, we sang this at church today, and all I could think of was this thread! I must admit that the lyrics at first seem quite depressing, but the overall message is good.

I gotta hand it to the guys who first replied, however..their humour/reactions to your choice of carols was superb!! :D

Said the shepherd boy to the mighty king,

"Do you know what I know?

In your palace warm, mighty king,

Do you know what I know?

A Child, a Child shivers in the cold--

Let us bring him silver and gold,

Let us bring him silver and gold."

That's one of my all time Christmas songs...as long as it's sung by Johnny Mathis. I get goosebumps when I hear him sing it.

From Wikkipeadea: Do You Hear What I Hear? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Do You Hear What I Hear?" is a Christmas song written in October 1962 with lyrics by Noel Regney and music written by Gloria Shayne Baker.[1] "Do You Hear What I Hear?" was written by Regney and Baker, who were married at the time, as a plea for peace during the Cuban Missile Crisis.Since it was first written "Do You Hear What I Hear?" has sold tens of millions of copies and has been covered by hundreds of different artists.

~~New Song~~

:sing:

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

Just like the ones I used to know :snowman:

Where the treetops glisten,

and children listen

To hear sleigh bells in the snow :snow:

Oh now you are getting fancy!! :P