Is it require to have a body for lesser than Celestial?

Hemidakota

Is this a trick question? Since only ones who will not have had a body are those who followed Satan and as I understand it they are cast off to outer darkness in the end then only those who have lived mortal lives, obtained a body, been conceived in mortality will be those who will inhabit the three different kingdoms.

So what is the answer Hemi?

Ben Raines

Is this a trick question? Since only ones who will not have had a body are those who followed Satan and as I understand it they are cast off to outer darkness in the end then only those who have lived mortal lives, obtained a body, been conceived in mortality will be those who will inhabit the three different kingdoms.

So what is the answer Hemi?

Ben Raines

The Book of Mormon is very clear that all will be resurrected.

Having a physical body is the reward for having passed the first estate. That was fighting on Christ's side and given the opportunity to come to earth, receive a body, and given free agency to choose good or evil. When ALL bodies are resurrected they will be resurrected to the state they achieved by their life on earth. Where these bodies go and the very essence of the body make up will depend on what we did with our free agency. Those who receive a celestialized body will be those who received the required covenants and persevered and endured well to the end.

Edited by georgia2

Is it a requirement to have a physical body lesser than the Celestial State?

In the second estate, everyone has a body lesser than the Celestial state.

I don't think anyone can take up a body again, prior to resurrection; and final judgement can only occur after resurrection.

HiJolly

Ben said only those who were born into this life and received a mortal body will be resurrected. He said that those who were cast out of heaven and did not receive a mortal body cannot be resurrected.

To which you said all will be resurrected. It sounded as if you were disagreeing with Ben.

Ben said only those who were born into this life and received a mortal body will be resurrected. He said that those who were cast out of heaven and did not receive a mortal body cannot be resurrected.

To which you said all will be resurrected. It sounded as if you were disagreeing with Ben.

OIC now... No, I was seconding his post. I should said "Agreed!" or something at the beginning.

Is it a requirement to have a physical body lesser than the Celestial State?

Your question is vague. Required for what? The celestial kingdom? You can't have a terrestrial or telestial body (living those laws) and abide the celestial kingdom/glory.

1 Cor. 15: 40-41

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

My understanding is:

1. Those who kept their first estate qualified to be born into their second estate, that is, our spirit was born into a body of physical element into this fallen mortal world.

2. Depending on the choices we make in this fallen world, it is possible to obtain various degrees of glory in our "third estate". We will all receive a resurrected body which is able to "abide" (withstand) the degree of glory for which one qualifies.

3. Some who were born into this fallen world will choose a wicked path which will lead them to become "sons of Perdition" and they will receive no glory at all, but will reside with Satan and the other unembodied spirits in "outer darkness", although they will be resurrected individuals. Because they have resurrected bodies, they will have power over Satan and the others there who did not keep their "first estate". In an odd way, I guess one can say that even they were "rewarded".

Edited by Old Tex

Hemi:

You ask an interesting question.

As someone else said -- clearly ALL will be resurrected.

2 Ne. 9: 6, 12, 22

6 For as death hath passed upon all men, to fulfil the merciful plan of the great Creator, there must needs be a power of resurrection, and the resurrection must needs come unto man by reason of the fall; and the fall came by reason of transgression; and because man became fallen they were cut off from the presence of the Lord.

12 And this death of which I have spoken, which is the spiritual death, shall deliver up its dead; which spiritual death is hell; wherefore, death and hell must deliver up their dead, and hell must deliver up its captive spirits, and the grave must deliver up its captive bodies, and the bodies and the spirits of men will be restored one to the other; and it is by the power of the resurrection of the Holy One of Israel.

22 And he suffereth this that the resurrection might pass upon all men, that all might stand before him at the great and judgment day.

Mosiah 16: 7-8, 11

7 And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection.

8 But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.

11 If they be good, to the resurrection of endless life and happiness; and if they be evil, to the resurrection of endless damnation, being delivered up to the devil, who hath subjected them, which is damnation—

But this begs the question, particularly of the Terrestrial and Telestial Kingdoms - resurrected to what end???

Since only the highest level of the Celestial Kingdom can reproduce, in the other kingdoms - why have a body? For that matter - why live forever?

The only answer that makes sense to me is - well, God is merciful. Having once had a body, the spirit wants to have that body back. Having a body represents a state of being that is BETTER than NOT having a body. God is merciful. Since death passing upon us was not something we had any control over, the resurrection covers that injustice. We are restored.

As far as living in those lower kingdoms - I can only surmise that we will be happy there. Happier than we've ever been. It will be what we wanted. It will be what we worked for. We will be content.

Hemi - you're right. We are quickened according to the LAW that we were willing to obey. If we obeyed the Celestial Law during our mortal probation, we will be quickened by the same.

I don't know what the qualitative differences between "bodies Celestial" vs "bodies Terrestrial" etc. will be...only that it will be vast. Just as the glory of the sun differs from that of the moon and stars. Terrestrial beings will not be able to comprehend Celestial glory - or abide in it. They won't because they won't have resurrected bodies capable of doing so. The mold will be cast. The bounds set. They cannot pass.

Something else that puzzles me is that the Terrestrial Kingdom will have the "mnistration of the Savior" and the Telestial Kingdom will have the "ministration of the Holy Ghost."

Again, I ask ... WHY?

WHY WHY WHY? :)

To what end?

Those are the mysteries of God. That which can be taught but cannot be shared. It is revelation between God and man.

Those are the mysteries of God. That which can be taught but cannot be shared. It is revelation between God and man.

Speaking of the three glories, I remember that James E. Talmage stated that Christ only taught about the highest level of the Celestial Kingdom. As I have read the scriptures since then with that in mind, I have found it to be true.

As I had noticed in past readings both President Young and Elder Pratt spoke only after the death of Joseph concerning Adam and Eve arrival to this earth that should had not be revealed at that time [people lacked the maturity in understanding].

Resurrection is a truism but look closer at the scriptures on what is given at each layer of glory.

Tex, all I can say is :)

Tom thanks for your input. I only put this out as a question for a wise purpose. But you are right, resurrected to what end...as we need to look closer to the Genesis in seeing the order of progression.

Skale, I was referring to lesser kingdoms on what is received as a reward and why is it still necessary as Tom noted diligently, why are they still ministering to the lesser kingdoms.

Ben, as I do believe there is an end to those who inherit kingdom of perditions after long severe punishment.

Ben, even if they can progress, I don't think they will ever be with GOD or those who will inherit the Celestial kingdom. As I don't believe, there is end to those of Celestial Kingdom as to pertaining to higher states beyond that John alluded too.

I do suspect there are yet doctrines and principles, as to the church, that is not teachable at this time, as it was during Joseph time. He did mentioned if he had taught what was given, the members would of stoned him. :lol: You can clearly see in that last year, he brought forth important revelations or hinted tidbits of further truths.

I agree with Joseph Smith knowing much more than he possibly could have taught. Listen to the way he spoke to other people (individual pioneer journals) even in depictions of him in the movies, he always gave people just enough information most the time, I think Christ spoke the same way on purpose. If Christ would have spoke as freely as he wouldve wanted the people would not have been able to crucify him.

Same here...you give enough to those who seek a greater light to 'thirst over' and allow the spirit to manifest itself to that individual.

The last four years of my life has elapsed my early beginnings in the church, pertaining to knowledge and those greater desires to know what the forefathers knew. I am never surprised when those moments of spiritual manifestations by the Holy Ghost, has rewritten my earlier perception of truths with great astonishment.

Now, I cannot wait for the last journal entries of the Prophet Joseph Smith to be published to gain any additional clarity of those precious tidbits of truths.

Speaking of the three glories, I remember that James E. Talmage stated that Christ only taught about the highest level of the Celestial Kingdom. As I have read the scriptures since then with that in mind, I have found it to be true.

One lense that also brings more clarity to the scriptures is to read them as examples of a people becoming ZION and preparing to meet God.

When the scriptures are read in this light, they make even more sense. It's amazing. It explains the gift of Translation. The translated state brings about missionaries who can travel the globe, gathering the elect.

Having a physical body is the reward for having passed the first estate. That was fighting on Christ's side and given the opportunity to come to earth, receive a body, and given free agency to choose good or evil.

When ALL bodies are resurrected they will be resurrected to the state they achieved by their life on earth. Where these bodies go and the very essence of the body make up will depend on what we did with our free agency. Those who receive a celestialized body will be those who received the required covenants and persevered and endured well to the end.

I will agree with you Verdana, and add that this also applies to those in the spirit world as well as to those living on the earth. Sometimes we tend to overlook those in the spirit world unless we are actively doing Temple work for them.