What movies/songs have made you cry?

Gatsby

My Passion of the Christ is still in the wrapper; I am not sure I will ever be able to watch it.

Me, too!

Off topic. . .

It took me months. I had to pick the day. I had to pick my mood. I knew it would be difficult to watch and it was. I sobbed and sobbed. Just thinking about it brings tears and the question "How am I doing in holding up my part of the baptismal covenants I made?"

However, I'm glad I watched it. I didn't recommend it to my kids or husband even. Watching the Passion is a personal choice.

Our Stake President once challenged us to pray and ponder about what Christ really means to us. He said with tears that he had done it and it had brought him a stronger testimony of Christ. It took me awhile to work up the courage to do the same. I was on my knees for a very long time. . .sobbing.

What I ended up with from both experiences is that I know Christ lives and I know he loves me, and I know he loves you. I know I need to repent and try harder but I also know he's carried and continues to carry me through the rough times. He is my Savior!

spplepansy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic. . .

It took me months. I had to pick the day. I had to pick my mood. I knew it would be difficult to watch and it was. I sobbed and sobbed. Just thinking about it brings tears and the question "How am I doing in holding up my part of the baptismal covenants I made?"

However, I'm glad I watched it. I didn't recommend it to my kids or husband even. Watching the Passion is a personal choice.

Our Stake President once challenged us to pray and ponder about what Christ really means to us. He said with tears that he had done it and it had brought him a stronger testimony of Christ. It took me awhile to work up the courage to do the same. I was on my knees for a very long time. . .sobbing.

What I ended up with from both experiences is that I know Christ lives and I know he loves me, and I know he loves you. I know I need to repent and try harder but I also know he's carried and continues to carry me through the rough times. He is my Savior!

spplepansy

And what is astonishing about the Passion of the Christ film is that as visually violent as it was, it showed but a very tiny (insignificant) portion of what Christ really suffered.

His suffering in the Garden and afterwards was so monumental that nobody else could ever accomplish the task.

I think it was so monumental that more than a few of the people who physically afflicted him must have been converted. How could you do what was done to him, and he still lived, and not realize that he was not a normal person? Nobody could survive the torture he endured, not even close. So those that tortured him (unless they had no conscience) must have realized that they were not dealing with a normal situation. No matter what they did, he would not die, until he chose to die.

If you get a chance, look into what the Romans would do to people, multiply that by a million times over, put the mental anguish on top of that, then you'll have a true picture, as far as is humanly possible to grasp, of the Atonement of Christ.

And what is astonishing about the Passion of the Christ film is that as visually violent as it was, it showed but a very tiny (insignificant) portion of what Christ really suffered.

His suffering in the Garden and afterwards was so monumental that nobody else could ever accomplish the task.

I think it was so monumental that more than a few of the people who physically afflicted him must have been converted. How could you do what was done to him, and he still lived, and not realize that he was not a normal person? Nobody could survive the torture he endured, not even close. So those that tortured him (unless they had no conscience) must have realized that they were not dealing with a normal situation. No matter what they did, he would not die, until he chose to die.

If you get a chance, look into what the Romans would do to people, multiply that by a million times over, put the mental anguish on top of that, then you'll have a true picture, as far as is humanly possible to grasp, of the Atonement of Christ.

I agree.