I cant wait til the holidays are over because

jolee65

The holidays are the hardest time for me the carbs and sugar are hard to resist and if its not in the house I dont have to worry about it.

We used to go to my grandmaother for the holidays but since shes been gone , for about 10 yrs now i started my own traditions with my family, my husband likes it because he likes the left overs, but its keeping me from staying on track neither him or our youngest daughter have a weight problem so they can eat all the stuff they want, if I do I would have 30-40 lbs extra.

I cant wait for the holidays to be over.

Holidays are hard especially because we Americans, and most of the rest of the world, tend to celebrate everything with food. You have probably heard this before, but just in case someone who is reading this hasn't look at the other aspects of the holiday and focus on that. I too have a problem with food, although mine is probably different from yours, it is a psychological and physical issue just the same. What I really enjoy about the holidays has to do with food, but it is making it for others that gives me delight. My kids just took plates of brownies to the neighbors today. Do any of your memories of your grandmother have to do with something other than food? If so, consider those. Why start new traditions that have to do with food? That perpetuates the cycle. There are many things families can do other than eat. I wish you a holiday full of joy, comfort and peace. I know the weight thing is a struggle, maybe more so emotionally than physically. Take care.

Holidays are hard especially because we Americans, and most of the rest of the world, tend to celebrate everything with food. You have probably heard this before, but just in case someone who is reading this hasn't look at the other aspects of the holiday and focus on that. I too have a problem with food, although mine is probably different from yours, it is a psychological and physical issue just the same. What I really enjoy about the holidays has to do with food, but it is making it for others that gives me delight. My kids just took plates of brownies to the neighbors today. Do any of your memories of your grandmother have to do with something other than food? If so, consider those. Why start new traditions that have to do with food? That perpetuates the cycle. There are many things families can do other than eat. I wish you a holiday full of joy, comfort and peace. I know the weight thing is a struggle, maybe more so emotionally than physically. Take care.

No, food at grams house was holidays with all the aunts, uncles and cousins but I also lived with her for a couple yrs it wasnt all about food.

My tradition with my family is now having holidays at home, grama has been gone for 10yrs now and I like staying home instead of getting out in the cold but its just the eating of sweets and heavy carbs.

Isn't sugar a simple carbohydrate?

Ben Raines

yeah, thats sugar and carbs potatos , sweet potatos, sweet potatos are a low glycemic food so not to bad. I stopped buying butter monthes ago and we dont miss it much also I made stuffed green peppers with ground turkey instead of ground beef it was good , even my daughter eat all of her dinner, very unusual for her.