My daughter was prompted to ..

jolee65

My daughter was prompted to break up with her boy friend , shes going to Utah in the fall for school, so she did , hes now seeing another girl that knows my daughter not personally but from career center. The new GF told my daughters ex, she cheated on him, she got wind of it from other kids. Its was supposed to happen with the class president , shes vice persident of her class, she confronted him but it took three days to get him in from of her in the mean time hes calling her all kinds of nasty names, and im sure we can all imagine what they are.

She texted me from school (yesterday) telling me she could just cry, she explained it and I was angry and wanted to brake him in two, I was warned by another mother when they first started dating, that he and his mother went around calling a girl he broke up with a wh$%^.

Yeah , real class act thats what I thought too,........

She told him it wasnt true and that he should know her better then that , and why would he believe someone he just started seeing over her , she told him they never seen one another(class President) outside of school so how could she had went out with him.

I told her I felt it was his way of being who he really is.

She has the Winter Fest its a school dance and she will have to see them both tomorrow at the dance, im worried for her. She insist on going its her last year.

Something like this happened to me in high school. Senior year. I was upset and a friend told me not to overact. She said, I should go talk to the guy who spread the rumor and let him know how it was hurtful. She told me to say things, so he'd know never to do to it again.

I did. He said absolutely nothing back to me, but listened.

Then she reminded me not to do anything else, but be normal and act like nothing was going on around the school. She said, my character would stand on it's own, consider the source, and also that I'd know who my real friends are.

Also, that this stuff happens all the time at the school and remember what it feels like when it isn't my turn. THAT WAS A BIG LESSON FOR ME! I never really did anything about this stuff before...just listened to it throughout the days.

I remember just going through school and "acting" like nothing was going on, when I knew it was. It was hard, but sure enough...several weeks (an eternity in high school) went by, and then it was someone elses turn, and I remember being especially nice to that person when it started....and the next person....and the next person. And I remembering saying back to the rumor-spreaders...."Riiiight.... Like I believe that...consider the source."

Really,..now you know how it felt and didnt give them any of your time, good for you.

I told her yesterday dont walk around school with your heart on your sleeve or as if they beat you down , you know you didnt so keep your chin up and your eyes moving around. Its hurtful and hes in college, junior college its right across the street from the career center where shes at 3/4 of the day.

I'll let you know how it gos tonite with the Winter Fest (dance).

Wow she's lucky to be free from that prize. Kids invest so much time and effort in high school, and 10 years later they look back and wonder what all the fuss was about. Your daughter will def. come out ahead in this little skirmish, and btw, congrats and kudos on raising a child who follows promptings!