Hi All

maybeinNH

Hello!

I am a 27-year-old convert from the Catholic faith. I was born and raised Catholic, and, like you, waited a very long time to be confirmed in that church. It was not so much that I didn't feel a part of it, but more that I felt guilty about every thing I did. I felt that God was sitting up in Heaven with a chalkboard, making a tick mark for every infraction that went against the Catechism.

I met with the missionaries as a favor to a friend of mine. I thought for sure that I would leave them laughing. Two hours later, I knew that I had found the truth. I wasn't laughing. I was crying, scared to death to tell my fiancee that I had finally found what I had been searching for in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

He didn't take it well. That was in October, and it seemed as though we fought clear up until the week before my baptism. I was baptized on February 7th, and by then, he was very happy for me, though he doesn't agree with everything I believe.

Don't give up hope! Keep strengthening your testimony, and your husband will come to see that this is the place for you!

Blessings,

Kate

well the missionaries came back on Saturday and a couple from the church came with them. it was awesome. they did the second half of the plan of salvation! My husband was pretty involved asking alot of questions and while he told them he was not ready to go to church yet he did accept an invitation to play basketball with the guys. i felt so gret all day yesterday when they left. Today me and my 4 yr old went to church and this week we made the whole 3 hours. I ws much better prepared and calmer and i think that helped her relax during sacrament meeting. I am so excited I had a blast at church learning so much. Everyone was so nice. i just left there felling so filled up with the spirit.

That is great. Hope your husband had fun playing basketball. Sometimes getting them involved in things like sports helps them feel a bit more comfortable.

Hi and welcome... have not said taht yet to you. Your story reminds me a bit opf mine... but my ex was not interested at all... not from the begening ... not at all. So happy to hear everything is going well. :) Keep it up!!

• 3 months later...

ok..update it has really been awhile but I will give you the short version. right before E aster I kinda fraked and stopped attending church and called the missionaries and told them I needed time to think. I think I just let some of the stuff discussed in my Gospel Princ. class freak me out and then I let doubt fester and well yuck! so the bottom line is my husband continued to play basketball at church and the couple we had met that had come with the missionaries stayed in touch and I continued to reab the BOM and I read the Gospel Principle Book online....wasnt going to let them surprise me again :)

The bottom line is I went back to church this week and has begun my lessons again with online missionaries and I couldnt be happier.I now know that for sure I want to be baptised and am working towards my goal. I am not fair weather I just take my faith very serious and wanted to make sure I am able and willing to keep any and all covenents I make to the letter. I know there are things that will be hard for me o understand or wrap my post catholic mind around but for me it was all about knowing the BOM is true and keeping that feeling in my heart and mind. The feeling i prayed for. I believe with everything i got that the BOM is true and I will pray to understand more. So that is where I am right now.