Nancy, Nancy, Nancy......

bytor2112

"Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs." - Speaker of the House; Nancy Pelosi

What's really sad is she has said it more than once.......I thought only Bush was stupid and used fear tactics????:huh:

Pelosi has done nothing as a leader...except run off at the mouth....She was all over Cheney once about something and it turns out that her husband was makign money from the same deal Cheney had.....never heard about it from her....I wish she would retire or go away.....TERM LIMITS.....

Guest Godless

Can you imagine if Bush or Pallin or any Repub would have made this comment....not to mention more than once, the media outcry. She is embarrassing....I bet even Obama cringes when ever she or Reid open there mouth. :lol:

Not to mention Biden....

:lol:

"Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs." - Speaker of the House; Nancy Pelosi

What's really sad is she has said it more than once.......

This is absurd. As best as I can tell, she first said this on January 18 in a Fox interview with Chris Wallace:

PELOSI: But in terms of what we have to do in the first 100 days, we must address the needs of this country. Five hundred million people will lose their jobs each month until we have an economic package.

CHRIS WALLACE, HOST: No, 500,000.

PELOSI: What did I say, million

WALLACE: Yes, 500 million. That would really be a recession.

PELOSI: Oh, no. Excuse me. Thank you for correcting me.

WALLACE: Yes.

PELOSI: It feels like 500 million. Five hundred thousand Americans will lose their jobs each month until we have a recovery package.

I would have no problem with her saying this if that had been the only time she needed to thank someone for correcting her, but this is obviously a side-step where her “gaffe,” was really closer to “graft.”

I thought only Bush was stupid and used fear tactics???

He was/is stupid, and he did use manipulative scare tactics. Just because Pelosi has done it doesn't mean Bush didn't do it first.

Hmm . . . you know the more I think about this, I think we're looking at this the wrong way.

It's obvious she was the grasshopper to Bush the master. In fact, looking at this in context, I think it is unkind to blame Pelosi for her obvious (ly manipulative) mistake.

I know you know what I mean: thousands, millions, billions.

Trllions.

They were one and the same to Bush. Pelosi saw it work for at least six years, so who can blame her for trying to do the same?

Unbelievable.

Elphaba

PS: It has also occurred to me that Wallace is as obtuse as she is: 500 million would be a recession?

Edited by Elphaba

C'mon.....I think you give GW to much credit........it was obviously masterminded by Dr. Evil himself...aka... Dick :eek::eek: Cheney!!!!!:eek::eek:

Hopefully Cheney will only emerge from the crypt, from now on to receive an honorary diploma, rather than to cause more mischief or manipulate the incompetent.

;)

Can you imagine if Bush or Pallin or any Repub would have made this comment....not to mention more than once, the media outcry. She is embarrassing....I bet even Obama cringes when ever she or Reid open there mouth. :lol:

Bush would never have said it because he cannot utter a complete sentence.

Palin would have edited it to say: "Five million of you real Americans. . ."

Repubs would say: "Let's spend another $3 trillion dollars and go blow something up."

Elphaba

not yet...but with him and Nancy and of course the their sidekick...ole Joe.....I am sure it will be a long slow death....

Awww....I'll come take care of you.

In fact, once your so far gone you can't move, but still with us, I'm going to put some headphones on you, and make you listen to Obama's inauguration speech, over and over and over and over and over and . . .

:evilbanana:

Elphie

Awww....I'll come take care of you.

In fact, once your so far gone you can't move, but still with us, I'm going to put some headphones on you, and make you listen to Obama's inauguration speech, over and over and over and over and over and . . .

:evilbanana:

Elphie

and when you are almost out of your misery.....I will let you listen to both of Bush's speeches and his Daddy.....:D:D:D:D