Mission

lchri134

Hi i am almost 21 and the time is coming for me to decide if i would like to go on a mission or not. I am praying and fasting about it, and don't feel i have received an answer either way yet. I was just looking for some advice... i would love to here from other women that served a mission, whats a mission like and etc. any comments would be helpful and appreciated.

Having six daughters, I do encourage each of them to serve a mission first prior to marriage. There has been acceptation but one of my daughters life was transformed from going on a mission. She served in the Toronto West. The first Sister missionaries was given the opportunity to talk directly before the council of the Muslim Leaders of that area. A proud moment for the church and as a parent. She has done much for the community but the best blessing, she had a inert personality and came home quite the opposite. :lol:

Having six daughters, I do encourage each of them to serve a mission first prior to marriage. There has been acceptation but one of my daughters life was transformed from going on a mission. She served in the Toronto West. The first Sister missionaries was given the opportunity to talk directly before the council of the Muslim Leaders of that area. A proud moment for the church and as a parent. She has done much for the community but the best blessing, she had a inert personality and came home quite the opposite. :lol:

When did she serve?! My best friend served in the Toronto West mission.

I love the gospel with all of my heart and i know that its true i have no doubt about that..Same with Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful for the atonement and Jesus Christ, and what he has done for me and everyone. I have no doubt in my heart for any part of the church or what i have been taught. I just have a lot of mixed feelings if i am supposed to go or not.

Hi i am almost 21 and the time is coming for me to decide if i would like to go on a mission or not. I am praying and fasting about it, and don't feel i have received an answer either way yet. I was just looking for some advice... i would love to here from other women that served a mission, whats a mission like and etc. any comments would be helpful and appreciated.

You should seek the council of your bishop after much fasting and prayer. It is an important decision and you want to be sure that where your Heavenly Father wants you to be. There is no rush.

Ask the Elders to let you attend their zone meetings and if there are sisters missionaries in the zone you can talk to them there. There are also meetings at the mission home every month. A good opportunity for you to meet them there as well.