• 2 weeks later...
Guest &lusername&gt

Originally posted by Franken@Jan 26 2005, 07:39 PM

eh, can't honestly say a single one there is my style

aerosmith-dream on

aerosmith-i dont wanna miss a thing

ed zeppelin-stairway to heaven

disturbed-darkness

if you do not like these songs you must have no taest in music....they are legendary songs..well, darkness in mostly unferdof..but it will last for a long time to listen to anysong go to www.cdzlimited.net it has anysong...just go to the serch and type in band and song

oh, he couldn't find sweet amber..but he replaced it with rooster by alice in chains

I'm not really for metal or any of that, personally (don't take this wrong, it's just my opinion) I think it's all just screaming and has no artistic value, besides stairway to heaven I'll give you that. 'Sides, I'm more for classical and some Alternative rock, can't stand old rock tho.

Guest &lusername&gt

If yui dont like classic rock, you dont like rock period! sorry, but i cant stand those who say that classic rock is crap or those who diss it. the only form of new music that doesn't have roots in classic rock are R&B and Rap. country evolved from classic souther rock. pop-punk and alturnitive and most forms of metal are from classic and trash metal bands such as metallica, iron maiden, megadeath. and whial most of death metal is not what yu call art, the lyrics are more poetic than you would belive, and those giutar riffs are very difficult. and most of those guys have very good voices. just listen to Darkness by disturbed. it has more poetic value and his voice is better than you 'll think

http://www.cdzlimited.org/rockZ/C_D/disturbed.html scoll down to darkness it is under the "Belive" album

Originally posted by <username>@Feb 4 2005, 08:00 PM

If yui dont like classic rock, you dont like rock period! sorry, but i cant stand those who say that classic rock is crap or those who diss it. the only form of new music that doesn't have roots in classic rock are R&B and Rap. country evolved from classic souther rock. pop-punk and alturnitive and most forms of metal are from classic and trash metal bands such as metallica, iron maiden, megadeath. and whial most of death metal is not what yu call art, the lyrics are more poetic than you would belive, and those giutar riffs are very difficult. and most of those guys have very good voices. just listen to Darkness by disturbed. it has more poetic value and his voice is better than you 'll think

http://www.cdzlimited.org/rockZ/C_D/disturbed.html scoll down to darkness it is under the "Belive" album

Death Metal poetic? Not all poetry is wholesome you know. I've seen a lot of lyrics for Death Metal and Black Metal and such, and if I were to describe it, I certainely wouldn't say poetic. I'd say something more like Satanic. And I admit it's probably true, they do have a lot of talent in playing the guitar and constructing their music, it just doesn't appeal to me I guess.

Sure, I can like rock, and not classic rock. It may have roots from it, but that doesn't mean it sounds like it, or I have to like it. In our modern days music producers are able to change sounds, add synthesizers and all sorts of electronic marvels, and I guess that's my style. And if it makes sense as to my interests, I enjoy a lot of Techno/Trance music too.

Originally posted by <username>@Jan 10 2005, 05:37 PM

my friend is gunna burn me 2 15 song cds..this is my list

aerosmith-dream on

aerosmith-walk this way

aerosmith-i dont wanna miss a thing

ac/dc-highway to hell

ac/dc-high voltage

ac/dc-hells bells

ac/dc-shoot to thrill

ac/dc-rock and roll aint noise pollution

led zeppelin-immigrant song

led zeppelin-stairway to heaven

led zeppelin-whole latta love

metallica-sweet amber

metallica-st. anger

metallica-frantic

metallica-invisible kid

metallica-unnamed feeling

metallica-fixxxer

metallica-until it sleeps

korn-blind

ozzy-walk on water

ozzy-crazie train

disturbed-darkness

disturbed-down with the sickness

slipknot-wait and bleed

slipknot-sic

rammstien-mutter

static x-this is not

static x-get to the gone

meggadeath-secret place

pink Floyd-brick in the wall

pink Floyd-money

Well, I checked out some of the songs (We've got Comcast Rhapsody so it's on demand full songs whenever) you have named, metallica, disturbed, static x, slipknot, korn, meggadeath.

From what I heard, they've got skilled musicians, really good drummers, but as I was listening to these it felt as if any type of wholesome good feeling that I had at the moment was gone. The music just sounds evil to me, like someone is spiritually possessed. Some of it even made me feel dark and evil, I don't know how you can listen to that and feel good about yourself. Even if it is edited. I'd have to say I felt the worst listening to Disturbed though.

Am I alone in this opinion does no one else feel the same way?

sorry to rag on ya username

Guest &lusername&gt

ya know my bishop has lsitenede to some of those songs and loved them? some of those songs may not be the tab chior but it isn't satanic. there is not a singl e satanic song on there. i hate you.

Originally posted by <username>@Feb 7 2005, 05:35 PM

ya know my bishop has lsitenede to some of those songs and loved them? some of those songs may not be the tab chior but it isn't satanic. there is not a singl e satanic song on there. i hate you.

You hate me because I don't like your music and just happen to have my own opinion of it?

Originally posted by Franken+Feb 7 2005, 07:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Franken @ Feb 7 2005, 07:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--<username>@Feb 7 2005, 05:35 PM

You hate me because I don't like your music and just happen to have my own opinion of it?

wow guys... that's rough. its ok i promise. no need to hate over music... :D

Originally posted by gimpandproudofit+Feb 8 2005, 10:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gimpandproudofit @ Feb 8 2005, 10:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Franken@Feb 7 2005, 07:20 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--<username>@Feb 7 2005, 05:35 PM

wow guys... that's rough. its ok i promise. no need to hate over music... :D

The peacemaker steps in :lol:

Originally posted by <username>@Feb 7 2005, 06:35 PM

i hate you.

woh, if you were serious, and even if you weren't, whatever made you say that is not good.

username, i'm quite into music (i even run a music web zine). i like a lot of the bands on your list. megadeth, metallica, zeppelin, ac/dc, and aerosmith all have put out great songs. however, do not deny they've also put out a lot of music that is the opposite of uplifting. megadeth, for instance, actually does have satanic lyrics in their older albums.

you've got to be careful with what you listen to.

i used to love all of metallica and megadeth's stuff (with the exception of the satanic stuff that i never really listened to) but now i can't listen to a lot of it simply because it's so grating it doesn't make me feel good. it's hard to listen to "symphony of destruction" and "architecture of aggression" by megadeth and feel the spirit. but then again, "fade to black" and "unforgiven" and "nothing else matters" by metallica i still love, as well as a few songs from megadeth.

i think what really attracted me to this kind of music is the amazing instrumental musicianship (you should check out megadeth's instrumental songs like instrumental versions of "she wolf" and "vortex", they're amazing) but as i got older i realized that lyrically and vocally (the angry way they sing) they can be contrary to the spirit.

but such is the case with all music, from pop to coutry to rap. you've always got to be careful, and we could probably all do better. that's why i run a clean music zine, but a lot of the music on there could probably be better. anyways, i wish you the best in your musical endeavors.

music is music, we all have our own opinions. Personally I don't believe Metallica, Korn, Ozzy, Disturbed, Slipknot, Rammenstien, or Staic-X do alot in general for the spirit, if you wanna look at it that way, and if you you pretty much have to condem all the other ones. I love AC/DC and Led Zeppelin, I don't like all of Zepp, but I'm an avid fan of both, Angus is a genius, and John Bonham is a Drum Deity. Aerosmith is great too, but everything else I don't havea lot for, in general that is, I do like a few songs but not all of them. (BTW, if anyone argues that Mutter is a wholesome song, I'll fight them, b/c I've read the translated lyrics). lol. I'm mostly an Alternative Rock guy, Goo Goo Dolls, JEW, Third Eye Blind, Fastball, Nine Days, Vertical Horizon, Dishwalla, Toad the Wet Sproket, Matchbox 20, bands like that. But that's just me, I like some hard rock bands, but I don't get into the screaming thing, it runs me out. What are some other old rock bands you guys like?

I'm all about discussing music, but if this turns into an arguement, I'm out.

neo, based on you music tastes, i'll bet you'd probably like Matt Nathanson a whole lot. I'd also say you would love Limbeck. Mike Park and the New Amsterdams and Jack Johnson are acoustic acts you'd like (though the new New Amsterdams album that's coming out seems pretty terrible).

Do you like Weezer? I grew up on them. If you like them, you'd probably also like Ozma a whole lot. You have JEW's old stuff? It's good. And the Juliana Theory (though not the "Love" album) and The Get Up Kids are good, too.

Don't wanna do any self-promotion, but can't help it. I highly reccomend you check out this link:

http://www.cleanlycopacetic.com/downloads/downloads

because it has lots of free, legal mp3 downloads of different genres of music to broaden your horizons. plus all the music is profanity-free, so that's always a plus. For you, I'd reccommend checking out the acoustic songs and the twee pop songs first.

Matt Nathanson? Limbeck, and Mike Park? I'll give them all a shot for you speedomansam! Jack Johnson is the man, by the way, I love his new album. I like Weezer pretty well too, I'll try out Ozma, Juliana Theory, and The Get Up Kids as well. I have ALL of JEW's stuff that I can find. LoL. Static Prevails - Futures. Save Bleed American and Futures, the rest I ripped from a friends CD onto my computer, I like putting the music on my computer, most of it I've purchased, or downloaded from band or associated websites. But I do have Shareaza on my comptuer, so I'm not 100% legal. I'll try your link as well!

Thanks!

Guest &lusername&gt

whial i havn't seen the translation for mutter, 75% or rammstiens music get mistranslated. so dont look into it too far

and i know that not all music is uplifting. (not sure i would call fade to black an upl;ifting song lol) but uh, most of it was meant to be clean. my friend kyle thought that "where ever i may rome" from metallica wasa about sex. no, it isn't but a lot of bands can be interpited in differant ways. i absolutly hate streiotyps. Ozzy is not satanic. neither is mutter (s far as i know) and disturbed is noplace near satanic. it not the tab but it aint slayer. and i LOVE unstromental songs. though i have to say megadeath's are nothing compaired to metallica's

woh woh, metallica nothing. hehe, i actually haven't heard metallica's.

yeah, i figured "fade to black" probably isn't the most uplifting song. but with many songs, including that one, i love because of the melodies and i haven't really gotten the lyrics yet. but, right off the bat it's at least not "down"-lifting because it doesn't sound angry.

i guess music is ultimately about how it makes you feel. if good, then it's good, if bad, then bad. i'd like to say this feeling is different for everyone, but that just may be the easy out, the political answer.

anyway, this is random, but remember- the wicked take the truth to be hard. we all do that sometimes

Guest &lusername&gt

what gets my mom and anoys me that people scoff at me for it....speed metal and other hard rock actully calm me down. i can be srtessed...listen to the master of pupets ablum, and be calm. and the lyrics, whial not always the most uplifting...are about life and things that hapen during life. fade to black strikes home to me cuz i have had 2 cousens commit souside, i considerd it twiceand my gf is susidle. and some of metallica's songs have gosple parrales in them. no leaf clover has some good stuff iit. the first verse to damige inc does too.

country evolved from classic souther rock

:lol::lol::lol: boy did you bark up the wrong tree! I can honestly tell you that country music DID NOT evolve from "classic southern rock" (is there such a thing?) Southern rock evolved from classic country music username. :D

I will agree that you have some great songs on your list.... a couple of the band names I've never heard of, (disturbed, and static x), but the rest I've heard of or I actually listen to sometimes. Yes, I am old (er)....but not yet dead ;)

Guest &lusername&gt

oh trust me...listen to classic country vs. southern rock (souther rock is such of duubie brothers, ccr, bob seiger, lynnerd skynnerd ) it is more closely related to modern country.