What Happened To This Board?

huma17

I see that this board is not frequented as it used to be. I know, I know, you can tell by the number of my posts, that I, too, have not been around. I have found the FAIR boards to be to my liking - very much (but I can't log on today, so...) - anyway, I started coming/posting here first (after the exmo board, of course), you could say this board introduced me to 'positive' lds boards. I then posted on the other boards like ZLMB (which I think was the first), the Desseret board, and of course - FAIR. There are more, but those are the big ones.

Anyway, the whole point of this/my post, is that it is somewhat sad for me to see the board this way. When I first came, there would always be numerous posters on the board. I could have conversations with immediate replies. Now, it looks like hours can go by before someone replies. WHERE DID EVERYONE GO??

Yeah, I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite, since I go elsewhere. But at least I have checked back in from time to time to see how this board is doing. This is my first post in awhile. I noticed the board dwindling before now, I just decided to speak up today.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Originally posted by Setheus@Jan 22 2005, 11:13 PM

I think Snow is correct. And to "spark things up a bit..."

The LDS Church is the ONLY true church and all others , while good in many ways are either not the true church headed by Christ or just all together false.

Ok non-mormons and anti-mormons Take it away!.... ;)

Oh. I thought maybe you were going to post a REAL controversial topic. Everyone knows the RLDS is the true church. That is why Satan is fighting so hard against it. :P

Next!

Originally posted by Jenda+Jan 23 2005, 07:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Jan 23 2005, 07:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Setheus@Jan 22 2005, 11:13 PM

The LDS Church is the ONLY true church and all others , while good in many ways are either not the true church headed by Christ or just all together false.

Oh. I thought maybe you were going to post a REAL controversial topic. Everyone knows the RLDS is the true church. That is why Satan is fighting so hard against it. :P

Next!

Why would Satan need to fight so hard against it? It's numbers don't amount to a hill of beans compared to the Salt Lake Church? Seems like a wasted effort on Satan's part.

Originally posted by Cal+Jan 23 2005, 10:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Jan 23 2005, 10:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Jenda@Jan 23 2005, 07:13 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--Setheus@Jan 22 2005, 11:13 PM

Next!

Why would Satan need to fight so hard against it? It's numbers don't amount to a hill of beans compared to the Salt Lake Church? Seems like a wasted effort on Satan's part.

Not so! He (Satan) would fight against the truth wherever it is found by however many people are proclaiming it.

Originally posted by Jenda+Jan 23 2005, 11:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Jan 23 2005, 11:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Cal@Jan 23 2005, 10:27 AM

Next!

Not so! He (Satan) would fight against the truth wherever it is found by however many people are proclaiming it.

I agree with you Jenda.

If Lucifer is anything, he is fair and impartial. Ol' Scratch is and equal opportunity devil and at least he's got that going for him.

Originally posted by Jenda+Jan 23 2005, 08:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Jan 23 2005, 08:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Setheus@Jan 22 2005, 11:13 PM

Next!

Does it really exist anymore?

Originally posted by Snow+Jan 23 2005, 02:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Jan 23 2005, 02:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Jenda@Jan 23 2005, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by -Cal@Jan 23 2005, 10:27 AM

Next!

I agree with you Jenda.

If Lucifer is anything, he is fair and impartial. Ol' Scratch is and equal opportunity devil and at least he's got that going for him.

LOL! Now that is funny!

Originally posted by Setheus+Jan 23 2005, 11:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Setheus @ Jan 23 2005, 11:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pushka@Jan 23 2005, 12:24 AM

Proof of your allegations  B)

Why don't you ask Him yourself? Ask and ye shall recieve.

LOL, I have asked...and was not given any answers...so I used my logic and started researching the church instead...finding inconsistencies, which other posters on here in the past have discussed/debated...as I've said elsewhere, there have been/are problems with all religions, as they appear to be 'man made', so their doctrines are altered to suit their own purposes. Instead of following religion/religious leaders, I just try to do my best to be good to people, in whatever way I can...and take care of myself too...hopefully, if there is a 'heaven' this might lead me there :)

Originally posted by Snow@Jan 21 2005, 07:57 PM

I think we still have about the same number of posters posting but since the board tightened up on anti-Mormonism and it's rebuttal flaming, there isn't as much controversy to spark hot and heavy threads.

Ahhh...this does make sense. That is what happened on the RfM board - I really don't go there anymore. I used to be able to debate without getting sensored, but after getting banned enough times, it gets old. I mean they really started to crack down on the 'trolls'. First, my posts would get deleted, then the whole thread, then they just started banning me.

After some of the bigger posters left - such as bensen and others (even Bob doesn't post very often) - I found no joy in it.

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Jan 24 2005, 01:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strawberry Fields @ Jan 24 2005, 01:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Strawberry Fields@Jan 21 2005, 04:18 PM

Well, who is it that you feel is "missing"?

Where did Ray go?

Wasn't it Ray A - instead of just Ray?

And does the poster that always posted with Maureen - can't remember name - hang around?

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Jan 24 2005, 01:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strawberry Fields @ Jan 24 2005, 01:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Strawberry Fields@Jan 21 2005, 04:18 PM

Well, who is it that you feel is "missing"?

Where did Ray go?

I remember Ray. He was good! :)

Originally posted by Amillia@Jan 25 2005, 05:48 PM

There are no-so-strong mormons always, everywhere. Where can you run?

Hey, Amellia--why do you use an alpha-helix for your avatar---I thought you didn't believe in human genetics---remember, Satan controls all our genetics--causing people to become gay and such.

Originally posted by Amillia@Jan 25 2005, 05:48 PM

I presume you mean not-so-strong Mormons...

Well, everywhere you go..especially if you go on a Mission, you are going to find non mormons and not so strong mormons...don't you find it interesting to listen to their questions about your beliefs, and discuss/debate them in a 'friendly' manner.

I feel it is sad that non mormons cannot quote from 'anti' lds sites without being labelled 'bashers', as sometimes the words that these sites use are more eloquent than the ones I use...and they have already done the research into the questions I have asked...

What is current policy regarding posting things from anti sites, such as the articles by Sandra Tanner?

Originally posted by Cal+Jan 25 2005, 08:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Jan 25 2005, 08:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Amillia@Jan 25 2005, 05:48 PM

Hey, Amellia--why do you use an alpha-helix for your avatar---I thought you didn't believe in human genetics---remember, Satan controls all our genetics--causing people to become gay and such.

I believe God is the greatest of all Scientists. I also believe satan is the greatest possessor for evil. You confuse the two quite often. :rolleyes: