Will there be polyandry in Heaven?

MormonGirl02

Brigham Young didn't have any difficulty with divorce.

What do you mean? On the contrary, of all his many marriages, I only know of one that ended in divorce, and that was because the wife left him on her own volition. Doesn't sound to me like someone who "didn't have any difficulty with divorce".

Or are you of the opinion that anyone who experiences divorce must therefore "have no problem" with it? In talking with friends and family who have experienced divorce, I get a much different picture.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Snow meant that Brigham Young was relatively liberal in giving his approval to the divorces of others. I seem to recall Arrington writing something to that effect in his biography of Young.

Ah, I see. I know nothing about that. President Young cared a great deal about the plight of women, so my guess is that he was much more willing to grant a divorce request from a woman, who would generally have stood to gain less and lose more from such an action than a man.

But whether my speculation is correct or not, and whether or not President Young was liberal in granting permission to divorce, I would point out that such an action is a far cry from "having no problem" with divorce.

What do you mean? On the contrary, of all his many marriages, I only know of one that ended in divorce, and that was because the wife left him on her own volition. Doesn't sound to me like someone who "didn't have any difficulty with divorce".

Or are you of the opinion that anyone who experiences divorce must therefore "have no problem" with it? In talking with friends and family who have experienced divorce, I get a much different picture.

Brigham Young was divorced from ten of his wives. With the exception of Ann Eliza Webb, he amicably agreed to them.

CONTENTdm Collection : Compound Object Viewer

Elphaba

Sources????

Deceased women can be, and often are, sealed to all of their earthly husbands, with the understanding she will choose the one she wants to spend eternity with. The other sealings are nullified.

All of her husbands must be deceased as well.

The Church implemented this policy because the husband she was sealed to on earth might not be the husband she would choose.

Source: My mother who is a geneaology expert. She records these marriages.

Elphaba

Deceased women can be, and often are, sealed to all of their earthly husbands, with the understanding she will choose the one she wants to spend eternity with. The other sealings are nullified.

All of her husbands must be deceased as well.

The Church implemented this policy because the husband she was sealed to on earth might not be the husband she would choose.

Source: My mother who is a geneaology expert. She records these marriages.

Elphaba

Listen here young lady....you better start listening to your Mother more often.....:D:D:D