Maybe someone knows the answer to this - college graduation related

interalia

I will be graduating college with a double major in Cognitive Science/Psychology in August and intended to enter the workforce again shortly thereafter.

...or at least, that was the plan.

I have a course right now for the Cog Sci major that I'm having an excessively difficult time with. I most likely will not pass it thus disabling me from graduating with at the Cog Sci portion of the double major. The class, should I fail it, will not be offered again at my school until Fall 2010!

If I do fail the course, would it be better to officially "graduate" with the Psych degree, or wait until I can retake the class and graduate with both degrees in Dec 2010. If so, will businesses accept a person as a degreed individual even if they haven't officially "walked across the stage" but have all college coursework completed? The reason I ask is because after August I will have finished ALL course work related to the Psych degree and so would it be honest to advertise myself as having a degree even if I don't have the paper in hand?

Thanks for the help. I'm really in an odd situation right now.