Taking the Lord's name in vain.

PastorBob

This is a commonly thought of commandment from the bible, but have you taken the time to understand its true implication?

The name of God in Hebrew is YHVH, or Yod, Heh, Vav, Heh.

This is mispronounced in a variety of ways, but is correctly pronounced Yove. If you have guessed, it is connected to the Roman Jove, which later became the English word Love.

1 John 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Yod Heh Vau Heh is also a formula of the Levites, which runs thus: "Projection, reception, unification, materialization."

It is the abuse of this which is the taking of the Lord's name in vain.

Matthew 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

It has nothing to do with speech.

Check your source.

The Hebrews DID pronounce the name of God in ancient times until the time of that Deuteronomy was codified but more specifically to the time of Mishnah and Talmud. After that, whenever they get tot he point in the text where the name of God appears they say: "Hashem" or "Adonai."

I think what you propose as origin for "Love" is a stretch by those that do not speak the language.

Check your source.

The Hebrews DID pronounce the name of God in ancient times until the time of that Deuteronomy was codified but more specifically to the time of Mishnah and Talmud. After that, whenever they get tot he point in the text where the name of God appears they say: "Hashem" or "Adonai."

I think what you propose as origin for "Love" is a stretch by those that do not speak the language.

Yes, it is usually Baruch Hashem, "Praise the name." My Grandfather told me that the outer adherence to never saying God even when used in a religious setting was a sign of wickedness, as much as the use of the word God in a derogatory manner is.

Adonai was derived from the Roman Adonis.

The Torah was derived from the Egyptian Tarot, Hebrew was formed from the 22 major arcana by Moses with the help of his now deified mentor Thoth, and the Qabalah from the Kab-ah-ansk, Amen from Amun, but we'll save that for another time.

Judaism, as with any other religion, is scarcely exempt from this rule:

"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism, and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be mislead; to conceal the Truth, which it calls light, and draw them away from it." [Morals and Dogma, p. 104-5, 3rd Degree]

Each of the ten commandment relates to a "priestly process" which was only shared among the Levites, and kept under the strictest secrecy.

I will be gone for some weeks, but let me leave this last post until then (and give a large thank you to all the people I have conversed with, I have learned a lot and enjoyed the conversations.):

"The respective names of these genii of the spheres are love (Jehovah), Sabaoth, Adonai, Eloi, Ouraios, Astaphaios. The first four, as every one knows, are the mystic names of the Jewish "Lord God." -Helena Blavatsky, THE CHRISTIAN SCHEME, GNOSIS AND CHRISTIANITY: Christos and Sophia Achamoth

Pike's quote about the sublime truths in a religion being necessarily hidden from the majority is also mirrored in the bible, in Matthew capt. 13:

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

This is a commonly thought of commandment from the bible, but have you taken the time to understand its true implication?

Yes. When we are baptized, we take upon ourselves Christ's name. We must not take that name upon ourselves vainly.

The name of God in Hebrew is YHVH, or Yod, Heh, Vav, Heh.

This is mispronounced in a variety of ways, but is correctly pronounced Yove.

Modern scholars disagree; they say the correct reconstructed pronunciation is something like "yah-weh".

If you have guessed, it is connected to the Roman Jove, which later became the English word Love.

This appears to be a false etymology. "Jove" is the Latin equivalent of "Zeus" (the Greek Ζεῦ πάτερ (Zeu pater, "Father Zeus") transliterated into the Latin Juppiter, interpreted as "juve pater", hence "Jove"), while "love" ultimately derives from the Latin verb lubere or libere "to please".

i actually agree with you that part of taking the Lord's name in vain is taking His name upon yourself but not acting Christlike. Hypocrisy is a form of blasphemy I believe which is why its such a serious sin and the one the Lord was most outspoken about in His lifetime.

-Charley

• 3 weeks later...